The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
OF Jeff Francoeur brought up by San Diego Padres
CHICAGO - The San Diego Padres purchased the contract of outfielder Jeff Francoeur from Triple-A El Paso on Wednesday.
In nine seasons in the majors, Francoeur hit .263 with 140 home runs and 618 RBIs. He played with the Braves, Mets, Rangers, Royals and Giants.
The Padres signed Francoeur to a minor league deal in March. He failed to make the major league roster and hit .294 with 15 home runs and 60 RBIs with El Paso.
Francoeur was batting fifth and playing right field against the Chicago Cubs on Wednesday.
Francoeur took outfielder Cameron Maybin's spot on the roster. Maybin was suspended 25 games Wednesday for testing positive for amphetamines.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 50 articles for this week)10:52 AM 0
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Braves fired general manager Frank Wren on Monday, less than 24 hours after being eliminated from ...
Photo Store Gallery
- Detroit Tigers miss chance for sweep, lose 5-2 to Guthrie, Kansas City Royals
- Tanaka, returning from elbow injury, and rejuvenated Jeter lead Yankees over Blue Jays 5-2
- Giants lose third straight to Padres, 8-2, to fall 4 1/2 games behind Dodgers
- MLB cracks down on 'speed'
- Corey Kluber strikes out 14. Indians stay close in Wild Card race with 7-2 win over Minnesota
- Tripped up: Blue Jays lose to Yanks 5-2 for 1-6 trip and head home virtually out of contention
- Pirates ride Worley, late single by Martin and smart fielding to beat Brewers 1-0, extend lead
- DeGrom fans 10 in 6 innings as Mets eliminate Braves from playoff contention with 3-game sweep
- Miley hit hard as Rockies complete four-game sweep of D-backs, 8-3
- Strasburg leads Nationals to 2-1 win over Marlins, completes 4-game sweep
- Saying goodbye difficult task for Fish
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Umpire Joe West suspended for 1 game without pay for grabbing jersey of Phillies' Papelbon
- Former Texas Rangers manager Ron Washington apologizes to breaking wife's trust
- Kent Tekulve, former reliever and Pirates studio commentator, recovering from heart transplant
- Fan heckling Nationals star Bryce Harper in Atlanta ejected by veteran umpire Tim Welke
- Slumping Derek Jeter gets night off from Yankees' starting lineup
- Phillies' Burnett beaten by Padres, absorbs majors-worst 17th loss
- Cardinals hit 3 home runs, beat Reds 8-4 and move closer to playoff spot
- Orioles' celebration of AL East title was 17 years in the making
- Trophy Fish clinch North Division
- Goldeyes lick Saltdogs 7-6
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Goldeyes' game against Railcats pushed back
- Fish feast on 'Cats
- Fish fail to close the deal
- Fish dump Saltdogs in first playoff game
- Goldeyes playoff run over with 2-0 loss to Saltdogs
- Fish bats fall silent as Lincoln evens series
- Hernandez is first Fish hurler to win AA pitcher of the year
Ads by Google