Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
Orioles' Davis blasts 50th dinger vs. Jays
TORONTO -- Chris Davis hit his 50th home run of the season in the eighth inning to snap a 3-3 tie as the Baltimore Orioles rallied with five unanswered runs to defeat the Toronto Blue Jays 5-3 on Friday night.
The Orioles slugger flied out deep to centre in the first inning, struck out in the third and flied out to left in the sixth before slamming a pitch from reliever Steve Delabar over the centre-field fence to lead off the eighth for a 4-3 lead.
Baltimore added another run in the inning when Danny Valencia singled home Adam Jones.
The Orioles snapped a three-game losing streak, keeping their wild-card hopes alive while handing Toronto its fourth consecutive loss.
Baltimore also evened its 2013 record against the Jays to 7-7.
It was Davis' seventh home run against the Blue Jays this season -- and his 16th since the start of the 2012 season.
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition September 14, 2013 C8
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 33 articles for today)7:08 PM 0
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. - New York Yankees third baseman Chase Headley says he "wasn't thrilled" by Tampa Bay manager Joe ...
Photo Store Gallery
- Orioles' celebration of AL East title was 17 years in the making
- Phillies' Burnett beaten by Padres, absorbs majors-worst 17th loss
- Umpire Joe West suspended for 1 game without pay for grabbing jersey of Phillies' Papelbon
- Barry Bonds' obstruction of justice conviction goes back before a court
- Rays beat Yankees 6-1 as Derek Jeter gets hit and benches empty in testy game
- After blowing lead in top of the 9th, Twins rally for 4-3 victory over Tigers
- Angels' magic number for clinching AL West drops to 2 despite 13-2 loss to Mariners
- Fan heckling Nationals star Bryce Harper in Atlanta ejected by veteran umpire Tim Welke
- Amarista hits two-run homer, lifts Padres to 5-4 win over Phillies
- Blue Jays rookie Stroman suspended 6 games for pitch at Joseph's head, appeals penalty
- Saying goodbye difficult task for Fish
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Man charged in Florida with role in smuggling Dodgers OF Puig out of Cuba
- Man facing charges for smuggling baseball players
- Orioles' Davis suspended 25 games for positive amphetamine test, he attributes to Adderall
- Marlins' Stanton tweets that he's 'much better,' 1 day after taking pitch in the face
- Mets pitcher Bartolo Colon hits 2 Washington batters, ejected along with manager Terry Collins
- Vintage baseball proves a hit; modern players embrace 19th-century rules, uniforms, history
- Marlins star Stanton sustains multiple fractures in beaning vs Brewers, likely done for season
- Kent Tekulve, former reliever and Pirates studio commentator, recovering from heart transplant
- Trophy Fish clinch North Division
- Goldeyes lick Saltdogs 7-6
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Goldeyes' game against Railcats pushed back
- Fish feast on 'Cats
- Fish fail to close the deal
- Fish dump Saltdogs in first playoff game
- Goldeyes playoff run over with 2-0 loss to Saltdogs
- Fish bats fall silent as Lincoln evens series
- Fish dinger derby in Sioux Falls puts them in command of North Division
Ads by Google