The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
Pearland powers to 11-4 win in Little League World Series, eliminating Lynnwood
SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. - Layne Roblyer hit his second home run of the tournament, helping Pearland, Texas, to an 11-4 victory over Lynnwood, Washington, on Monday in the Little League World Series.
Roblyer, who homered against Philadelphia on Sunday, had a three-run shot in the third inning against Lynnwood, which was eliminated.
Pearland (2-1) scored early, getting a run in the first inning followed by Roblyer's shot to the lawn seats in right field. Christian Terranova scored on a passed ball in the fourth inning.
Pearland led 5-0 before Lynnwood (1-2) got on the scoreboard with three runs in the bottom of the fifth.
Two doubles and a single from the Northwest regional champions made the deficit reasonable, but Pearland scored five runs on two wild pitches, a passed ball and a single in the sixth to seal the win.
Pearland will play the winner of Chicago and Cumberland, Rhode Island, on Tuesday night.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 37 articles for today)7:43 PM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Cardinals hit 3 home runs, beat Reds 8-4 and move closer to playoff spot
- Marlins eliminated from wild-card contention with 3-2 loss to Nationals
- Chicago White Sox manage just 3 hits in 3-1 loss to Archer, Tampa Bay Rays
- Tanaka, returning from elbow injury, and rejuvenated Jeter lead Yankees over Blue Jays 5-2
- MLB cracks down on 'speed'
- Cashner brilliant again in Padres' 3-2 win against Giants
- DeGrom fans 10 in 6 innings as Mets eliminate Braves from playoff contention with 3-game sweep
- Kinsler homers, Verlander sharp as AL Central-leading Tigers beat up second-place Royals 10-1
- Andrew Cashner has another strong effort as San Diego Padres beat San Francisco Giants 3-2
- Pirates ride Worley, late single by Martin and smart fielding to beat Brewers 1-0, extend lead
- Saying goodbye difficult task for Fish
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Umpire Joe West suspended for 1 game without pay for grabbing jersey of Phillies' Papelbon
- Kent Tekulve, former reliever and Pirates studio commentator, recovering from heart transplant
- Former Texas Rangers manager Ron Washington apologizes to breaking wife's trust
- Fan heckling Nationals star Bryce Harper in Atlanta ejected by veteran umpire Tim Welke
- Slumping Derek Jeter gets night off from Yankees' starting lineup
- Orioles' celebration of AL East title was 17 years in the making
- Phillies' Burnett beaten by Padres, absorbs majors-worst 17th loss
- Tough questions for both sides as appeals court reconsiders Barry Bonds obstruction conviction
- Trophy Fish clinch North Division
- Goldeyes lick Saltdogs 7-6
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Goldeyes' game against Railcats pushed back
- Fish feast on 'Cats
- Fish fail to close the deal
- Fish dump Saltdogs in first playoff game
- Goldeyes playoff run over with 2-0 loss to Saltdogs
- Fish bats fall silent as Lincoln evens series
- Hernandez is first Fish hurler to win AA pitcher of the year
Ads by Google