The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
Pirates claim LHP LaFromboise from Padres, send reliever to Triple-A
MILWAUKEE - The Pittsburgh Pirates have claimed left-hander Bobby LaFromboise off waivers from San Diego.
Pittsburgh optioned the 28-year-old LaFromboise to Triple-A Indianapolis. He was 1-2 with three saves and a 4.75 ERA in 58 relief appearances for the Padres' Triple-A team at El Paso.
San Diego had designated LaFromboise for assignment on Wednesday. He had made his big league debut last year with Seattle, going 0-1 with a 5.91 ERA in 10 games.
Pittsburgh designated infielder Tommy Field for assignment to clear a spot on the 40-man roster. The moves were announced during the Pirates' game Sunday in Milwaukee against the NL Central-leading Brewers.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 11 articles for today)5:39 AM 0
MIAMI - The Marlins failed in their late comeback attempt and saw their fleeting playoff hopes come to an end.
Photo Store Gallery
- Cardinals hit 3 home runs, beat Reds 8-4 and move closer to playoff spot
- Tigers win appeal on wild play, Scherzer and Tigers top Royals 3-2 to boost AL Central lead
- Jackson leaves in 1st as Cubs lose 14-5 to Kershaw, Dodgers
- Coghlan hits 2-run homer off Wilson in eighth as Cubs rally to beat Dodgers 8-7
- Two decades in the making, ovation builds for Jeter's final farewell at Yankee Stadium
- Jerome Williams pitches Phillies past A's for his third win against Oakland with as many clubs
- Diamondbacks slide reaches 5 games after 5-1 loss to Rockies
- Kinsler homers, Verlander sharp as AL Central-leading Tigers beat up second-place Royals 10-1
- The Captain: A look back at the magic moments that defined Derek Jeter's illustrious career
- Bautista HR, Stroman pitches 6 gritty innings as Blue Jays end 6-game skid, beat Yankees 6-3
- Saying goodbye difficult task for Fish
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Umpire Joe West suspended for 1 game without pay for grabbing jersey of Phillies' Papelbon
- Kent Tekulve, former reliever and Pirates studio commentator, recovering from heart transplant
- Former Texas Rangers manager Ron Washington apologizes to breaking wife's trust
- Fan heckling Nationals star Bryce Harper in Atlanta ejected by veteran umpire Tim Welke
- Slumping Derek Jeter gets night off from Yankees' starting lineup
- Orioles fans bid farewell to Jeter in ceremony before his final game at Camden Yards
- Orioles' celebration of AL East title was 17 years in the making
- Phillies' Burnett beaten by Padres, absorbs majors-worst 17th loss
- Trophy Fish clinch North Division
- Goldeyes lick Saltdogs 7-6
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Goldeyes' game against Railcats pushed back
- Fish feast on 'Cats
- Fish fail to close the deal
- Fish dump Saltdogs in first playoff game
- Goldeyes playoff run over with 2-0 loss to Saltdogs
- Fish bats fall silent as Lincoln evens series
- Hernandez is first Fish hurler to win AA pitcher of the year
Ads by Google