The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
Planned vote on Oakland A's lease deal put off after city representatives fail to show up
OAKLAND, Calif. - A planned vote on a 10-year lease that would keep the Oakland Athletics at the Oakland Coliseum was put off after representatives from the City of Oakland did not show up for the meeting.
The Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Authority was expected to vote on the stadium deal Friday. But four of the authority's eight board members were not present.
In a statement, Oakland Mayor Jean Quan and City Council President Pat Kernighan said city officials felt they needed more time to negotiate terms that would keep the team in Oakland and protect residents' interests.
The two-time defending AL West champion Athletics are still hoping for a new stadium. The rundown Coliseum has had multiple sewage problems in the past year and an outage affecting the outfield lights on June 14.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 43 articles for today)9:13 PM 0
OAKLAND, Calif. - A.J. Burnett moved up the career strikeout list. At the moment, that's the furthest thing from his ...
Photo Store Gallery
- Marlins eliminated from wild-card contention with 3-2 loss to Nationals
- Tanaka, returning from elbow injury, and rejuvenated Jeter lead Yankees over Blue Jays 5-2
- Chicago White Sox manage just 3 hits in 3-1 loss to Archer, Tampa Bay Rays
- DeGrom fans 10 in 6 innings as Mets eliminate Braves from playoff contention with 3-game sweep
- MLB cracks down on 'speed'
- Pirates ride Worley, late single by Martin and smart fielding to beat Brewers 1-0, extend lead
- Detroit Tigers miss chance for sweep, lose 5-2 to Guthrie, Kansas City Royals
- Giants lose third straight to Padres, 8-2, to fall 4 1/2 games behind Dodgers
- Kinsler homers, Verlander sharp as AL Central-leading Tigers beat up second-place Royals 10-1
- Corey Kluber strikes out 14. Indians stay close in Wild Card race with 7-2 win over Minnesota
- Saying goodbye difficult task for Fish
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Umpire Joe West suspended for 1 game without pay for grabbing jersey of Phillies' Papelbon
- Kent Tekulve, former reliever and Pirates studio commentator, recovering from heart transplant
- Former Texas Rangers manager Ron Washington apologizes to breaking wife's trust
- Fan heckling Nationals star Bryce Harper in Atlanta ejected by veteran umpire Tim Welke
- Slumping Derek Jeter gets night off from Yankees' starting lineup
- Orioles' celebration of AL East title was 17 years in the making
- Phillies' Burnett beaten by Padres, absorbs majors-worst 17th loss
- Tough questions for both sides as appeals court reconsiders Barry Bonds obstruction conviction
- Trophy Fish clinch North Division
- Goldeyes lick Saltdogs 7-6
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Goldeyes' game against Railcats pushed back
- Fish feast on 'Cats
- Fish fail to close the deal
- Fish dump Saltdogs in first playoff game
- Goldeyes playoff run over with 2-0 loss to Saltdogs
- Fish bats fall silent as Lincoln evens series
- Hernandez is first Fish hurler to win AA pitcher of the year
Ads by Google