The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
Puig's aggressiveness enables Mets to turn triple play against Dodgers
LOS ANGELES, Calif. - The New York Mets have turned a triple play in the sixth inning of Sunday's game against the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Dee Gordon led off with a single against Bartolo Colon and Yasiel Puig walked before Adrian Gonzalez singled home a run. Matt Kemp followed with a sharp grounder in the hole to third baseman Eric Campbell, who threw to second for the force before Daniel Murphy relayed to first. Puig tried to score on the play, but catcher Travis d'Arnaud took the throw from Lucas Duca and tagged the Dodgers' centre fielder out.
Campbell entered the game in the bottom of the fourth as a replacement for David Wright, who left because of a muscle spasm in the right side of his neck.
The triple play was the first for the Mets since May 19, 2010 at Washington.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 11 articles for today)5:39 AM 0
MIAMI - The Marlins failed in their late comeback attempt and saw their fleeting playoff hopes come to an end.
Photo Store Gallery
- Cardinals hit 3 home runs, beat Reds 8-4 and move closer to playoff spot
- Tigers win appeal on wild play, Scherzer and Tigers top Royals 3-2 to boost AL Central lead
- Jackson leaves in 1st as Cubs lose 14-5 to Kershaw, Dodgers
- Coghlan hits 2-run homer off Wilson in eighth as Cubs rally to beat Dodgers 8-7
- Two decades in the making, ovation builds for Jeter's final farewell at Yankee Stadium
- Jerome Williams pitches Phillies past A's for his third win against Oakland with as many clubs
- Kinsler homers, Verlander sharp as AL Central-leading Tigers beat up second-place Royals 10-1
- Diamondbacks slide reaches 5 games after 5-1 loss to Rockies
- Bautista HR, Stroman pitches 6 gritty innings as Blue Jays end 6-game skid, beat Yankees 6-3
- Justin Bour hits first major league homer in Marlins' 3-2 loss to Nationals
- Saying goodbye difficult task for Fish
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Umpire Joe West suspended for 1 game without pay for grabbing jersey of Phillies' Papelbon
- Kent Tekulve, former reliever and Pirates studio commentator, recovering from heart transplant
- Former Texas Rangers manager Ron Washington apologizes to breaking wife's trust
- Fan heckling Nationals star Bryce Harper in Atlanta ejected by veteran umpire Tim Welke
- Slumping Derek Jeter gets night off from Yankees' starting lineup
- Orioles fans bid farewell to Jeter in ceremony before his final game at Camden Yards
- Orioles' celebration of AL East title was 17 years in the making
- Phillies' Burnett beaten by Padres, absorbs majors-worst 17th loss
- Trophy Fish clinch North Division
- Goldeyes lick Saltdogs 7-6
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Goldeyes' game against Railcats pushed back
- Fish feast on 'Cats
- Fish fail to close the deal
- Fish dump Saltdogs in first playoff game
- Goldeyes playoff run over with 2-0 loss to Saltdogs
- Fish bats fall silent as Lincoln evens series
- Hernandez is first Fish hurler to win AA pitcher of the year
Ads by Google