The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
Rangers add OF-1B Mike Carp to their 25-man roster, C Gimenez goes on paternity list
CHICAGO - The Texas Rangers have added outfielder-first baseman Mike Carp to their 25-man roster.
Catcher Chris Gimenez was placed Monday on the paternity list, where he can be up to three days.
The moves were made before the Rangers' game at the Chicago White Sox, a day after Texas got Carp on a waiver claim from Boston.
Carp hit .198 without a homer and nine RBIs in 42 games this season for Boston. He is a career .260 hitter in 301 major league games with Seattle (2009-12) and Boston (2013-14).
Left-hander Ryan Feierabend was assigned outright to Triple-A Round Rock, where he made 19 starts before getting called up July 12. He made six relief appearances for Texas, which designated him for assignment on Friday.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 9 articles for today)09/20/2014 1:30 AM 0
ANAHEIM, Calif. - Although the Los Angeles Angels' figurative hangover from their division-clinching party stretched into a second game, manager ...
Photo Store Gallery
- Lackey shows big-game stuff, Cardinals stay 2 1-2 up in NL Central with 2-1 win over Reds
- Phillies minor leaguer pitcher Shane Watson suspended 50 games
- Ellsbury, Jeter, Yankees again beat Buehrle, hand Toronto season-worst 6th straight loss, 5-3
- Kinsler homers, Verlander sharp as AL Central-leading Tigers beat up second-place Royals 10-1
- Trevor Plouffe has RBI single in 10th, Twins rally to beat Indians 5-4
- Jackson leaves in 1st as Cubs lose 14-5 to Kershaw, Dodgers
- LaRoche hits 2-run homer, helps lift Nationals to 3-2 win over Marlins
- Cuddyer's grand slam, 7 RBIs key Rockies' 15-3 win over D-backs
- Lester allows only 5 hits in 7 innings; Athletics top Phillies 3-1
- Retiring White Sox star Paul Konerko back in lineup after being sidelined by broken left hand
- Saying goodbye difficult task for Fish
- Umpire Joe West suspended for 1 game without pay for grabbing jersey of Phillies' Papelbon
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Kent Tekulve, former reliever and Pirates studio commentator, recovering from heart transplant
- Fan heckling Nationals star Bryce Harper in Atlanta ejected by veteran umpire Tim Welke
- Former Texas Rangers manager Ron Washington apologizes to breaking wife's trust
- Slumping Derek Jeter gets night off from Yankees' starting lineup
- Orioles' celebration of AL East title was 17 years in the making
- Phillies' Burnett beaten by Padres, absorbs majors-worst 17th loss
- Blue Jays use the long ball and R.A. Dickey's knuckleball to down Tampa Bay Rays
- Trophy Fish clinch North Division
- Goldeyes lick Saltdogs 7-6
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Goldeyes' game against Railcats pushed back
- Fish feast on 'Cats
- Fish fail to close the deal
- Fish dump Saltdogs in first playoff game
- Goldeyes playoff run over with 2-0 loss to Saltdogs
- Fish bats fall silent as Lincoln evens series
- Hernandez is first Fish hurler to win AA pitcher of the year
Ads by Google