The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
Rays get bullpen help by recalling RHP Gomes from Durham, send INF Figueroa to minors
ARLINGTON, Texas - The Tampa Bay Rays have recalled right-hander Brandon Gomes from Triple-A Durham.
Tampa made the move before its game Wednesday game at Texas, a night after a 14-inning loss. Infielder Cole Figueroa was optioned to Durham, leaving Joe Maddon with a limited bench while adding to the bullpen for the third game of a four-game series.
Gomes was on the opening day roster and was 2-2 with a 4.91 ERA in 20 appearances before being sent to the minors May 20. He allowed a homer in four of his last five appearances before being optioned. .
Figueroa hit .233 with six RBIs in 23 games for Tampa Bay.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 37 articles for today)9:00 PM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Orioles' celebration of AL East title was 17 years in the making
- Phillies' Burnett beaten by Padres, absorbs majors-worst 17th loss
- Umpire Joe West suspended for 1 game without pay for grabbing jersey of Phillies' Papelbon
- Barry Bonds' obstruction of justice conviction goes back before a court
- Angels' magic number for clinching AL West drops to 2 despite 13-2 loss to Mariners
- Fan heckling Nationals star Bryce Harper in Atlanta ejected by veteran umpire Tim Welke
- After blowing lead in top of the 9th, Twins rally for 4-3 victory over Tigers
- Amarista hits two-run homer, lifts Padres to 5-4 win over Phillies
- Blue Jays rookie Stroman suspended 6 games for pitch at Joseph's head, appeals penalty
- Yankees 3B Chase Headley miffed by Rays manager Joe Maddon's comment about hit by pitch
- Saying goodbye difficult task for Fish
- Man facing charges for smuggling baseball players
- Man charged in Florida with role in smuggling Dodgers OF Puig out of Cuba
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Orioles' Davis suspended 25 games for positive amphetamine test, he attributes to Adderall
- Marlins' Stanton tweets that he's 'much better,' 1 day after taking pitch in the face
- Mets pitcher Bartolo Colon hits 2 Washington batters, ejected along with manager Terry Collins
- Vintage baseball proves a hit; modern players embrace 19th-century rules, uniforms, history
- Kent Tekulve, former reliever and Pirates studio commentator, recovering from heart transplant
- Marlins star Stanton sustains multiple fractures in beaning vs Brewers, likely done for season
- Trophy Fish clinch North Division
- Goldeyes lick Saltdogs 7-6
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Goldeyes' game against Railcats pushed back
- Fish feast on 'Cats
- Fish fail to close the deal
- Fish dump Saltdogs in first playoff game
- Goldeyes playoff run over with 2-0 loss to Saltdogs
- Fish bats fall silent as Lincoln evens series
- Fish dinger derby in Sioux Falls puts them in command of North Division
Ads by Google