The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
Reds call up RHP Daniel Corcino from Double-A, send LHP David Holmberg back to minors
CINCINNATI - The Reds sent left-hander David Holmberg back Triple-A Louisville on Friday, a day after another rough start, and called up right-handed starter Daniel Corcino.
Holmberg gave up six runs in 2 2-3 innings of an 8-0 loss to Atlanta on Thursday night. In two starts for Cincinnati this season, the left-hander has faced 37 batters and allowed 21 of them to reach base: 12 hits, seven walks, two hit batters, four homers.
Corcino was called up from Double-A Pensacola. He'll make his big league debut the first time he pitches. Corcino went 10-11 with a 4.13 ERA in 25 starts and one relief appearance in the minors.
The 23-year-old will be in the bullpen initially with the Reds, who opened the day 10 1/2 games out in the NL Central.
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 43 articles for today)9:13 PM 0
OAKLAND, Calif. - A.J. Burnett moved up the career strikeout list. At the moment, that's the furthest thing from his ...
Photo Store Gallery
- Marlins eliminated from wild-card contention with 3-2 loss to Nationals
- Tanaka, returning from elbow injury, and rejuvenated Jeter lead Yankees over Blue Jays 5-2
- Chicago White Sox manage just 3 hits in 3-1 loss to Archer, Tampa Bay Rays
- DeGrom fans 10 in 6 innings as Mets eliminate Braves from playoff contention with 3-game sweep
- MLB cracks down on 'speed'
- Pirates ride Worley, late single by Martin and smart fielding to beat Brewers 1-0, extend lead
- Detroit Tigers miss chance for sweep, lose 5-2 to Guthrie, Kansas City Royals
- Cashner brilliant again in Padres' 3-2 win against Giants
- Giants lose third straight to Padres, 8-2, to fall 4 1/2 games behind Dodgers
- Kinsler homers, Verlander sharp as AL Central-leading Tigers beat up second-place Royals 10-1
- Saying goodbye difficult task for Fish
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Umpire Joe West suspended for 1 game without pay for grabbing jersey of Phillies' Papelbon
- Kent Tekulve, former reliever and Pirates studio commentator, recovering from heart transplant
- Former Texas Rangers manager Ron Washington apologizes to breaking wife's trust
- Fan heckling Nationals star Bryce Harper in Atlanta ejected by veteran umpire Tim Welke
- Slumping Derek Jeter gets night off from Yankees' starting lineup
- Orioles' celebration of AL East title was 17 years in the making
- Phillies' Burnett beaten by Padres, absorbs majors-worst 17th loss
- Tough questions for both sides as appeals court reconsiders Barry Bonds obstruction conviction
- Trophy Fish clinch North Division
- Goldeyes lick Saltdogs 7-6
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Goldeyes' game against Railcats pushed back
- Fish feast on 'Cats
- Fish fail to close the deal
- Fish dump Saltdogs in first playoff game
- Goldeyes playoff run over with 2-0 loss to Saltdogs
- Fish bats fall silent as Lincoln evens series
- Hernandez is first Fish hurler to win AA pitcher of the year
Ads by Google