The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
Seattle acquires OF Chris Denorfia from San Diego for pair of minor leaguers
CLEVELAND - The Seattle Mariners have acquired veteran outfielder Chris Denorfia from the San Diego Padres for a pair of minor leaugers.
Seattle announced the deal about 90 minutes before baseball's non-waiver trade deadline Thursday. The Mariners sent outfielder Abraham Almonte, their opening day starter in centre field, and right-hander Stephen Kohlscheen to the Padres. Almonte made the club out of spring training but lasted only 27 games before being optioned to the minors.
Denorfia, 34, was hitting .242 with one homer, 10 doubles and 16 RBIs in 89 games for the Padres. He's a career .275 hitter and last season hit .279 in 144 games for San Diego.
Denorfia also has the flexibility to play all three outfield positions, having at least 150 career starts at all three spots.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 37 articles for today)9:00 PM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Orioles' celebration of AL East title was 17 years in the making
- Phillies' Burnett beaten by Padres, absorbs majors-worst 17th loss
- Umpire Joe West suspended for 1 game without pay for grabbing jersey of Phillies' Papelbon
- Barry Bonds' obstruction of justice conviction goes back before a court
- Angels' magic number for clinching AL West drops to 2 despite 13-2 loss to Mariners
- Fan heckling Nationals star Bryce Harper in Atlanta ejected by veteran umpire Tim Welke
- After blowing lead in top of the 9th, Twins rally for 4-3 victory over Tigers
- Amarista hits two-run homer, lifts Padres to 5-4 win over Phillies
- Blue Jays rookie Stroman suspended 6 games for pitch at Joseph's head, appeals penalty
- Yankees 3B Chase Headley miffed by Rays manager Joe Maddon's comment about hit by pitch
- Saying goodbye difficult task for Fish
- Man facing charges for smuggling baseball players
- Man charged in Florida with role in smuggling Dodgers OF Puig out of Cuba
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Orioles' Davis suspended 25 games for positive amphetamine test, he attributes to Adderall
- Marlins' Stanton tweets that he's 'much better,' 1 day after taking pitch in the face
- Mets pitcher Bartolo Colon hits 2 Washington batters, ejected along with manager Terry Collins
- Vintage baseball proves a hit; modern players embrace 19th-century rules, uniforms, history
- Kent Tekulve, former reliever and Pirates studio commentator, recovering from heart transplant
- Marlins star Stanton sustains multiple fractures in beaning vs Brewers, likely done for season
- Trophy Fish clinch North Division
- Goldeyes lick Saltdogs 7-6
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Goldeyes' game against Railcats pushed back
- Fish feast on 'Cats
- Fish fail to close the deal
- Fish dump Saltdogs in first playoff game
- Goldeyes playoff run over with 2-0 loss to Saltdogs
- Fish bats fall silent as Lincoln evens series
- Fish dinger derby in Sioux Falls puts them in command of North Division
Ads by Google