The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
Vela hits a three-run homerun to lead Mexico past Australia 6-2 in Monday's elimination game
SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. - Erick Vela hit a three-run, go-ahead homer and Mexico beat Australia 6-2 in the Little League World Series on Monday.
Trailing by two in the bottom of the fourth, Vela stepped to the plate with one out and men on second and third. He took the first pitch he saw deep to right field to put Mexico ahead by two.
On the mound for Mexico, Aldair Tellez pitched 5 2-3 innings and struck out 12 Australians.
Mexico will play the winner of Puerto Rico and Venezuela on Tuesday afternoon. Australia was eliminated.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 33 articles for today)7:08 PM 0
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. - New York Yankees third baseman Chase Headley says he "wasn't thrilled" by Tampa Bay manager Joe ...
Photo Store Gallery
- Orioles' celebration of AL East title was 17 years in the making
- Phillies' Burnett beaten by Padres, absorbs majors-worst 17th loss
- Umpire Joe West suspended for 1 game without pay for grabbing jersey of Phillies' Papelbon
- Barry Bonds' obstruction of justice conviction goes back before a court
- Rays beat Yankees 6-1 as Derek Jeter gets hit and benches empty in testy game
- After blowing lead in top of the 9th, Twins rally for 4-3 victory over Tigers
- Angels' magic number for clinching AL West drops to 2 despite 13-2 loss to Mariners
- Fan heckling Nationals star Bryce Harper in Atlanta ejected by veteran umpire Tim Welke
- Amarista hits two-run homer, lifts Padres to 5-4 win over Phillies
- Blue Jays rookie Stroman suspended 6 games for pitch at Joseph's head, appeals penalty
- Saying goodbye difficult task for Fish
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Man charged in Florida with role in smuggling Dodgers OF Puig out of Cuba
- Man facing charges for smuggling baseball players
- Orioles' Davis suspended 25 games for positive amphetamine test, he attributes to Adderall
- Marlins' Stanton tweets that he's 'much better,' 1 day after taking pitch in the face
- Mets pitcher Bartolo Colon hits 2 Washington batters, ejected along with manager Terry Collins
- Vintage baseball proves a hit; modern players embrace 19th-century rules, uniforms, history
- Marlins star Stanton sustains multiple fractures in beaning vs Brewers, likely done for season
- Kent Tekulve, former reliever and Pirates studio commentator, recovering from heart transplant
- Trophy Fish clinch North Division
- Goldeyes lick Saltdogs 7-6
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Goldeyes' game against Railcats pushed back
- Fish feast on 'Cats
- Fish fail to close the deal
- Fish dump Saltdogs in first playoff game
- Goldeyes playoff run over with 2-0 loss to Saltdogs
- Fish bats fall silent as Lincoln evens series
- Fish dinger derby in Sioux Falls puts them in command of North Division
Ads by Google