The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
Yankees C Brian McCann put on 7-day concussion list; Brian Roberts gets unconditional release
NEW YORK, N.Y. - The New York Yankees have placed catcher Brian McCann on the seven-day concussion list less than a day after he was hit in the facemask by a foul ball.
McCann was hurt in the third inning Friday night against Cleveland but remained in the game until he was pinch hit for in the sixth. Manager Joe Girardi said McCann was feeling cloudy.
McCann was examined by a neurologist Saturday morning and placed on the DL. He will have to pass Major League Baseball's concussion protocol before being activated.
Austin Romine was recalled from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre to fill in for McCann.
The Yankees also gave second baseman Brian Roberts his unconditional release. Roberts was hitting .237 with five homers and 21 RBIs when he was cut on Aug. 1 to make room for infielder Stephen Drew.
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 50 articles for this week)09/21/2014 11:18 PM 0
ANAHEIM, Calif. - The Texas Rangers are determined to put a strong finish on a mostly miserable season.
Ryan Rua hit ...
Photo Store Gallery
- Detroit Tigers miss chance for sweep, lose 5-2 to Guthrie, Kansas City Royals
- Giants lose third straight to Padres, 8-2, to fall 4 1/2 games behind Dodgers
- Marlins eliminated from wild-card contention with 3-2 loss to Nationals
- Tanaka, returning from elbow injury, and rejuvenated Jeter lead Yankees over Blue Jays 5-2
- DeGrom fans 10 in 6 innings as Mets eliminate Braves from playoff contention with 3-game sweep
- Pirates ride Worley, late single by Martin and smart fielding to beat Brewers 1-0, extend lead
- Chicago White Sox manage just 3 hits in 3-1 loss to Archer, Tampa Bay Rays
- Corey Kluber strikes out 14. Indians stay close in Wild Card race with 7-2 win over Minnesota
- Reds give up HRs to Cardinals' Cruz, Wong, Grichuk in 8-4 loss
- Jered Weaver gets plenty of support in 18th win as Angels beat Rangers 8-5
- Saying goodbye difficult task for Fish
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Umpire Joe West suspended for 1 game without pay for grabbing jersey of Phillies' Papelbon
- Former Texas Rangers manager Ron Washington apologizes to breaking wife's trust
- Kent Tekulve, former reliever and Pirates studio commentator, recovering from heart transplant
- Fan heckling Nationals star Bryce Harper in Atlanta ejected by veteran umpire Tim Welke
- Slumping Derek Jeter gets night off from Yankees' starting lineup
- Orioles' celebration of AL East title was 17 years in the making
- Phillies' Burnett beaten by Padres, absorbs majors-worst 17th loss
- Mariners manage just 1 hit, lose 5-0 to AL West champion Angels despite Paxton's strong effort
- Trophy Fish clinch North Division
- Goldeyes lick Saltdogs 7-6
- Goldeyes now out of season
- Goldeyes' game against Railcats pushed back
- Fish feast on 'Cats
- Fish fail to close the deal
- Fish dump Saltdogs in first playoff game
- Goldeyes playoff run over with 2-0 loss to Saltdogs
- Fish bats fall silent as Lincoln evens series
- Hernandez is first Fish hurler to win AA pitcher of the year
Ads by Google