Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
Chad Posthumus getting his shot at NBA
Although his name wasn’t called in the recent NBA draft, Winnipeg hoopster Chad Posthumus is getting his shot at catching the eye of an NBA team.
The 6’11 center – and River East Kodiaks alumnus -- will join the Chicago Bulls’ team for the 10-day Las Vegas Summer League, which kicks off on Friday. All 30 NBA teams send a squad to the annual summer league, which pits rookies and prospects against each other in a short tournament. Posthumus is a free agent after going unselected in the draft, but he did get invited to pre-draft workouts with the Bulls and the Toronto Raptors.
Posthumus had a breakout senior year at Morehead State University, where he averaged 11 rebounds despite playing an average of 25.7 minutes a game, good for fourth-highest average in the NCAA. He also led the country in rebounds per 40 minutes at 17.1, and rebounding percentage at 25.2 per cent. He also averaged 9.6 points per game, and capped his season by playing in the top Portsmouth Invitational Tournament.
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 50 articles for this week)12/28/2014 1:11 AM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Lowry, Valanciunas lead Raptors to 110-98 win, ending Clippers' 8-game home winning streak
- Rondo gets season high for Mavericks, Nowitzki climbs scoring list in 102-98 win over Lakers
- LeBron James scores 29 as Cleveland Cavaliers rally past Orlando Magic 98-89
- Jimmy Butler scores 33 as Chicago Bulls beat New Orleans Pelicans 107-100 for 6th straight win
- Harden scores 32, Smith 21 in Rockets debut as Houston beats Grizzlies 117-111 in overtime
- Damian Lillard scores 28 as Portland Trail Blazers beat Philadelphia 76ers 114-93
- Perfect 10: Dudley doesn't miss and scores 24, Bucks rout Hawks 107-77
- Nowitzki hits another scoring milestone, passing Elvin Hayes for 8th on NBA's career list
- Phoenix Suns outlast short-handed Sacramento Kings 115-106 for 5th straight win
- Warriors regroup from 2-game skid, roll past Timberwolves, 110-97
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry the leading vote-getters after first release of NBA fan balloting
- Stephon Marbury thriving in China on and off the court, so comfortable he plans to never leave
- Lakers stun Warriors 115-105 without Kobe, handing the NBA's top team fourth loss of season
- Treason's greetings
- NBA stars set for Christmas TV smorgasbord, league preparing for annual coming-out party
- LeBron James scores 25 points, Dion Waiters adds 21 off bench as Cavs handle Grizzlies 105-91
- New-Look NBA: Playing on Christmas annual rite for stars like Pierce, new toy for his Wizards
- As Wolves prep to face Kevin Love for 1st time, Flip Saunders says MN fans won't forgive him
- As Golden State Warriors rise, so does point guard Stephen Curry's stardom
- An unhappy homecoming for LeBron: Heat top Cavaliers in James' return, 101-91
- James, Irving and multiple Nets players warm up in 'I Can't Breathe' shirts
- Rare air: Kobe Bryant passes Michael Jordan for 3rd on NBA's career scoring list
- 'Heat Nation ain't going anywhere': Spoelstra addresses crowd as Miami holds open scrimmage
- Healthy again, Warriors centre Andrew Bogut says he's 'not going to change the way I play'
- Wilt the Stamp: Push to put Wilt Chamberlain on postage stamp successful
- Truly horrible Lakers on road to oblivion
- Asian Olympic body seeks common policy on head coverings to avoid more protests
- King James commits a personal foul by touching the shoulder of the future Queen of England
- Clippers coach Doc Rivers not worried about Las Vegas distractions during training camp
- Police sent to ex-Clippers owner Sterling's home by wife, find him with woman from recordings
Ads by Google