Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
Raptors elevate selves
TORONTO -- The Toronto Raptors have signed seven-foot centre Aaron Gray, the club announced Sunday.
Gray played for the New Orleans Hornets last season, averaging 3.1 points and 4.2 rebounds and a career-high 13.0 minutes. He shot .566 from the field in his 41 appearances, including six as a starter.
Gray was a second-round selection (49th overall) by Chicago in the 2007 NBA Draft. He was dealt by the Bulls to the Hornets in January 2010. He has seen action in 190 career games with 25 starts, averaging 3.6 points, 3.5 rebounds and 11.4 minutes.
While with the Bulls, Gray posted career-highs against Toronto on April 16, 2008 when he recorded 19 points and 22 rebounds in 35 minutes of play.
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition December 12, 2011 C6
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 6 articles for today)8:47 PM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Harden scores 32, Smith 21 in Rockets debut as Houston beats Grizzlies 117-111 in overtime
- Rondo gets season high for Mavericks, Nowitzki climbs scoring list in 102-98 win over Lakers
- Damian Lillard scores 28 as Portland Trail Blazers beat Philadelphia 76ers 114-93
- Sacramento Kings centre DeMarcus Cousins sits out against Phoenix Suns with stomach flu
- Kobe's competitiveness: 'It scares a lot of people that are just comfortable being average'
- Kenneth Faried grabs career-best 25 rebounds as Nuggets beat Timberwolves 106-102
- Lowry, Valanciunas lead Raptors to 110-98 win, ending Clippers' 8-game home winning streak
- Knicks' Quincy Acy suspended a game for flagrant foul; Wizards' John Wall fined $15,000
- LeBron James scores 29 as Cleveland Cavaliers rally past Orlando Magic 98-89
- Perfect 10: Dudley doesn't miss and scores 24, Bucks rout Hawks 107-77
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry the leading vote-getters after first release of NBA fan balloting
- Stephon Marbury thriving in China on and off the court, so comfortable he plans to never leave
- Lakers stun Warriors 115-105 without Kobe, handing the NBA's top team fourth loss of season
- Treason's greetings
- NBA stars set for Christmas TV smorgasbord, league preparing for annual coming-out party
- LeBron James scores 25 points, Dion Waiters adds 21 off bench as Cavs handle Grizzlies 105-91
- As Wolves prep to face Kevin Love for 1st time, Flip Saunders says MN fans won't forgive him
- New-Look NBA: Playing on Christmas annual rite for stars like Pierce, new toy for his Wizards
- Person with knowledge of decision to AP: Josh Smith, released by Pistons, to join Rockets
- Knicks' Dalembert fined $15,000 by NBA for elbowing Raptors' Valanciunas
- James, Irving and multiple Nets players warm up in 'I Can't Breathe' shirts
- Rare air: Kobe Bryant passes Michael Jordan for 3rd on NBA's career scoring list
- 'Heat Nation ain't going anywhere': Spoelstra addresses crowd as Miami holds open scrimmage
- Healthy again, Warriors centre Andrew Bogut says he's 'not going to change the way I play'
- Wilt the Stamp: Push to put Wilt Chamberlain on postage stamp successful
- Asian Olympic body seeks common policy on head coverings to avoid more protests
- Truly horrible Lakers on road to oblivion
- Clippers coach Doc Rivers not worried about Las Vegas distractions during training camp
- Police sent to ex-Clippers owner Sterling's home by wife, find him with woman from recordings
- Cavaliers fans welcome back LeBron James as team holds scrimmage before nearly 17,000
Ads by Google