Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
Might not hurt Hefney, but sure won't help
We’re not going to leap to any conclusions here, but the Detroit Lions’ addition of former New York Giants/Houston Texans free safety C.C. Brown this week certainly makes the depth chart more crowded for ex-Bomber Jonathan Hefney.
Brown, 27, is a four-year NFL starter and while Hefney – the likable CFL East Division rookie of the year – likely wasn’t going to crack the Lions’ roster as a defensive regular, the signing of another safety doesn’t help his situation in the numbers game.
Publicly, the Bombers are planning to move full-speed ahead as if Hefney won’t return – former California star Bernard Hicks was added Wednesday as one of a handful of possible replacements -- but quietly they’d kill to have their starter back in their colours this season. Hefney signed with the Lions as a CFL player in his option year, meaning his rights would revert to the Bombers should he be cut down south.
Here’s the latest from The Detroit Free Press on the addition of Brown:
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 5 articles for this week)07/24/2014 1:00 AM 0
Calgary Stampeders (3-0)
at Edmonton Eskimos (4-0)
Tonight, 8 p.m. TV: TSN
Stampeders line: The Stamps announced Wednesday that they have placed running ...
Photo Store Gallery
- Very rough night for Blue
- Bombers, Esks: press reset and presto...
- Blue feeling like bongo drums
- Moore than a feeling
- Bombers dissect Thursday's drubbing by Eskimos
- Whipping exposes abundant flaws
- Blue review gaffe-filled game
- O-line a disaster area
- Lacklustre Blue didn't help their bottom line
- List of injured Bombers grows
- Banks asks to be released from Bombers
- Bombers trade for QB Portis
- Feoli-Gudino gets it done
- Bombers linebacker Korey Banks suspended
- Bombers gut out a comeback
- Bomber ticket sales shoot up after win over Argos
- Amazing 3-0 start for Blue
- Bombers release Ford
- Won hard and put away wet
- Slick Willy puts on a great show
Ads by Google