Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
Around the NFL
Dez could be done
IRVING, Texas -- The Dallas Cowboys might be without wide receiver Dez Bryant for their playoff push.
Bryant injured his left index finger in an emotional 20-19 victory over Cincinnati on Sunday, one day after practice squad linebacker Jerry Brown was killed in a car accident.
Dallas coach Jason Garrett said Monday Bryant was still being evaluated. The Cowboys play Pittsburgh at home Sunday in a battle of 7-6 teams trying to keep playoff hopes alive.
Cam Cameron canned
OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Cam Cameron was fired Monday as offensive co-ordinator of the Baltimore Ravens, who have lost two straight and are still striving for consistency in the running and passing game.
Cameron ran the Baltimore offence since the start of the 2008 season for coach John Harbaugh. Since that time, the Ravens' attack has repeatedly taken a back seat to the team's defence, and this year the offence ranks 18th with 344.4 yards per game.
Jim Caldwell, who was hired as quarterbacks coach before the season, will assume Cameron's duties.
49ers suspend Jacobs
SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- The San Francisco 49ers have suspended running back Brandon Jacobs for the final three games following a series of posts on social media sites addressing his lack of playing time, including one during the weekend saying he was "on this team rotting away."
Jim Harbaugh, 49ers coach, declined to address Jacobs' comments Monday, even when asked whether Jacobs is still on the team.
-- from the news services
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition December 11, 2012 C6
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 5 articles for this week)07/24/2014 1:00 AM 0
A look at this week's CFL games.
Photo Store Gallery
- Bombers don't seem in much of a rush
- No Moore Mr. Nice Guy
- Blue Bombers name press box in honour of two prominent sports journalists
- Blue Bombers prepare lineup for Friday match against BC Lions
- At the door to a dream
- CFL this Week -- Week 5
- When it comes to Bombers' defence... Moe knows
- Mike Reilly using legs to run Eskimos to 4-0 record, clash with 3-0 Stampeders
- Moore than a feeling
- Vega joins list of Blue and Gold's walking wounded
- Very rough night for Blue
- Blue feeling like bongo drums
- Moore than a feeling
- Bombers dissect Thursday's drubbing by Eskimos
- Whipping exposes abundant flaws
- Blue review gaffe-filled game
- O-line a disaster area
- Lacklustre Blue didn't help their bottom line
- List of injured Bombers grows
- Taking one step at a time
- Banks asks to be released from Bombers
- Bombers trade for QB Portis
- Feoli-Gudino gets it done
- Bombers linebacker Korey Banks suspended
- Bombers gut out a comeback
- Bomber ticket sales shoot up after win over Argos
- Amazing 3-0 start for Blue
- Bombers release Ford
- Won hard and put away wet
- Slick Willy puts on a great show
Ads by Google