Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
Posted: 01/23/2013 12:44 PM | Comments: 0
Last Modified: 01/23/2013 4:32 PM | Updates
The Winnipeg Blue Bombers announced today that they have extended the contract of all-star offensive lineman Glenn January.
The team did not disclose the extension details.
January, 29, returns for the 2013 season after consecutive East Division All-Star nominations.
The Houston, Texas native was at left tackle for 17 games last season and helped the Bombers finish fourth in net rushing yards in the CFL, 1,923.
He said today he's eager to see the Bombers continue to improve.
"I think this program is heading in the right direction," he said. "We’ve got great people from top to bottom. Last year was a real disappointment but we did show signs of life. We were playing our best football at the end of the year and we showed a progression as a young team that was kind of figuring out how to come together.
"I whole-heartedly believe this organization is on the right track and I want to be a part of the team’s continued success."
"Glenn is an integral part of our offensive line who provides leadership and experience to our young stable of linemen," Bombers GM Joe Mack said in a prepared statement. "We’re happy to have him extend his contract so that we can build upon the consistency we began to establish last season."
Updated on Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 4:32 PM CST: updates
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly