Blue Bomber Report Record: 3–1–0
Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
Bombers try to go for 3-0 against Montreal
MONTREAL — Tonight, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers will attempt at Stade Molson to go where no Bombers team has gone in 11 years — to 3-0 to start the regular season.
The Bombers (2-0) will play the Montreal Alouettes (1-1) in Winnipeg’s first regular season road game of 2014, after posting earlier wins at home over Ottawa last week and Toronto in Week 1.
The Montreal Alouettes were expected to start Troy Smith at QB tonight, but there is now speculation that they might be going with backup Tanner Marsh instead. Smith missed some practices this week with a sore knee and Als GM Jim Popp raised some eyebrows this afternoon when he tweeted a photo of Marsh from his personal Twitter account with the caption: ‘4 hours until Marsh Madness hits the field.’
Weather conditions in Montreal will be ideal for football Friday night — the temperature at kickoff time is forecast to be 24 C under a partly cloudy sky with light winds.
The Bombers game-time scratches will be WR Romby Bryant and offensive lineman Paul Swiston.
Winnipeg is a three-point underdog, despite the fact the Bombers haven’t lost in Montreal since July 6, 2012 and carry a three-game winning streak at Stade Molson into tonight’s contest. Road teams have fared poorly in the CFL this season, however, winning just once in eight games so far in 2014.
The Bombers, Edmonton Eskimos and Calgary Stampeders are the only undefeated teams remaining in the CFL. The Bombers and Eskimos are both 2-0 and are both in action tonight, while Calgary is 1-0 and plays Saturday night. The Eskimos play the Ottawa Redblacks at Commonwealth Stadium later tonight.
The Bombers and Eskimos face each other next Thursday at Investors Group Field.
Tonight’s kickoff is scheduled for 6 p.m. CT. The game is being broadcast live on TSN.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
More Bomber Report
More Bomber Report
(1 of 22 articles for this week)07/24/2014 1:00 AM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Very rough night for Blue
- Blue feeling like bongo drums
- Moore than a feeling
- Bombers dissect Thursday's drubbing by Eskimos
- Whipping exposes abundant flaws
- Blue review gaffe-filled game
- O-line a disaster area
- Lacklustre Blue didn't help their bottom line
- List of injured Bombers grows
- Bombers, Esks: press reset and presto...
- Banks asks to be released from Bombers
- Bombers trade for QB Portis
- Feoli-Gudino gets it done
- Bombers linebacker Korey Banks suspended
- Bombers gut out a comeback
- Bomber ticket sales shoot up after win over Argos
- Amazing 3-0 start for Blue
- Bombers release Ford
- Won hard and put away wet
- Slick Willy puts on a great show
Ads by Google