Blue Bomber Report Record: 3–1–0
Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
Game balls and critical numbers
Offence: Running back Chad Simpson continued to be a power back for the Bombers, scoring both Winnipeg’s first-half touchdowns on runs of eight and 11 yards.
Defence: Linebacker Marcellus Bowman led by example, showing the Big Blue how to play with some pride on a tough day. He led the Bombers with 11 tackles and gave the crowd something to cheer about going after Jon Cornish.
Special teams: Mike Renaud, the CFL’s leading punter, had three punts for a 45.7-yard average, which beat his 41.8 average coming into the game.
Chris Matthews, the Bombers’ rookie receiver, became the club’s first rookie to hit 1,000 yards receiving in a season. Matthews had seven catches for 116 yards and now has 1,090 yards this year.
The unflattering margin by which the Blue Bombers have been outscored by opponents in the first quarter. Calgary got the quick start QB Kevin Glenn had been calling for and the Stamps led 16-0 after the first frame.
The number of consecutive games in which Stampeders slotback Nik Lewis has recorded a catch.
Number of Bombers turnovers — three fumbles, four interceptions and one turnover on downs. The first fumble, which bounced off Demond Washington’s helmet on Calgary’s punt on their first possession, led to the first touchdown. Joey Elliott was intercepted three times in the end zone.
Bombers’ second-year non-import receiver Jade Etienne got his first career CFL catch, an 11-yard gain for a first down with 1:38 left in the game to help sustain Winnipeg’s drive for Chris Matthews’ 27-yard major.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
More Bomber Report
More Bomber Report
(1 of 23 articles for this week)07/24/2014 1:00 AM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Very rough night for Blue
- Bombers, Esks: press reset and presto...
- Blue feeling like bongo drums
- Moore than a feeling
- Bombers dissect Thursday's drubbing by Eskimos
- Whipping exposes abundant flaws
- Blue review gaffe-filled game
- O-line a disaster area
- Lacklustre Blue didn't help their bottom line
- List of injured Bombers grows
- Banks asks to be released from Bombers
- Bombers trade for QB Portis
- Feoli-Gudino gets it done
- Bombers linebacker Korey Banks suspended
- Bombers gut out a comeback
- Bomber ticket sales shoot up after win over Argos
- Amazing 3-0 start for Blue
- Bombers release Ford
- Won hard and put away wet
- Slick Willy puts on a great show
Ads by Google