A few clouds

Winnipeg, MB

16°c A few clouds

Full Forecast

Bomber Report

Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION

Bombers' Hall feels safe behind new line

Posted: 09/19/2013 1:06 PM | Comments: 0

Last Modified: 09/19/2013 3:04 PM | Updates

Advertisement

  • Print

It's a thankless job, being the Blue Bombers starting quarterback this season, but someone's gotta do it — and this week, the man that will said he trusts his offensive line to keep him safe from the Edmonton Eskimos defence.

True, pivot Max Hall's protection includes two new pick-ups who haven't yet been in Winnipeg a week, and Tyson Pencer making just his second career start. But after the Bombers walked through their plan on Thursday, Hall said he has faith in the line.

"Physically, those guys are good players, and capable and I trust they'll do well," Hall said. "I have to. I can't be worrying about the rush."

As for Hall, although it's his third CFL start it feels sort of like his second, he agreed, since his last attempt lasted just a handful of plays before he went down with injury.

"I think the team's excited, I think we're hungry," he said. "I think we put the last game behind us and are ready to go out and play well this week."

In an interesting note, Justin Goltz — who started last week in Edmonton, but was yanked at the half — will slip to third string pivot, while Jason Boltus will move up to back-up.

That decision was made after coaches felt that Boltus had been performing better in practice, coach Tim Burke said, and they'd like Boltus to get a chance if Hall goes down.

History

Updated on Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 3:04 PM CDT: Switches video.

Fact Check

Fact Check

Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories? Please use the form below and let us know.

* Required
  • Please post the headline of the story or the title of the video with the error.

  • Please post exactly what was wrong with the story.

  • Please indicate your source for the correct information.

  • Yes

    No

  • This will only be used to contact you if we have a question about your submission, it will not be used to identify you or be published.

  • Cancel

Having problems with the form?

Contact Us Directly
  • Print

You can comment on most stories on winnipegfreepress.com. You can also agree or disagree with other comments. All you need to do is be a Winnipeg Free Press print or e-edition subscriber to join the conversation and give your feedback.

You can comment on most stories on winnipegfreepress.com. You can also agree or disagree with other comments. All you need to do is be a Winnipeg Free Press print or e-edition subscriber to join the conversation and give your feedback.

Have Your Say

New to commenting? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions.

Have Your Say

Comments are open to Winnipeg Free Press print or e-edition subscribers only. why?

Have Your Say

Comments are open to Winnipeg Free Press Subscribers only. why?

The Winnipeg Free Press does not necessarily endorse any of the views posted. By submitting your comment, you agree to our Terms and Conditions. These terms were revised effective April 16, 2010.