Blue Bomber Report Record: 3–1–0
Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
Investors Group Field energized as Bombers practise
Winnipeg Blue Bombers head coach Tim Burke says Investors Group Field is going to be a very loud place if opening day of training camp on Sunday is any indication.
About 2,000 fans showed up to watch the Bombers take to the field for the first time in 2013 as a full team and Burke came away impressed with the way the noise they generated travelled in the brand new stadium.
"The fans are a lot closer to the field," Burke said. "I was looking up into the second deck today...I figured if I look up there, how small that person would look is how small we would look. And they don't look small. I can see facial expressions and all that even on people way up in the second deck.
"So people are so much closer to the field, it's going to be really loud in there. The energy level is going to be extremely high. I know the players already talked about it."
A total of 81 players were on the field for the opening day of training camp, including newly signed offensive lineman Aderious Simmons.
The Bombers announced they had signed Simmons (6-6, 313, Arizona State) just prior to taking the field. Simmons attended training camp and was one of the final cuts of the New Orleans Saints last season.
Burke said he was generally pleased with what was just under a two-and-a-half hour practice, but would like to see the tempo increase on Monday.
Burke said he's delighted with what he saw out of his offence. "We're just so much further along than we were even at the end of last year," said Burke.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
More Bomber Report
More Bomber Report
(1 of 22 articles for this week)07/24/2014 1:00 AM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Very rough night for Blue
- Blue feeling like bongo drums
- Moore than a feeling
- Bombers dissect Thursday's drubbing by Eskimos
- Whipping exposes abundant flaws
- Blue review gaffe-filled game
- O-line a disaster area
- Lacklustre Blue didn't help their bottom line
- List of injured Bombers grows
- Bombers, Esks: press reset and presto...
- Banks asks to be released from Bombers
- Bombers trade for QB Portis
- Feoli-Gudino gets it done
- Bombers linebacker Korey Banks suspended
- Bombers gut out a comeback
- Bomber ticket sales shoot up after win over Argos
- Amazing 3-0 start for Blue
- Bombers release Ford
- Won hard and put away wet
- Slick Willy puts on a great show
Ads by Google