Blue Bomber Report Record: 4–1–0

Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION

Wall collapse won't delay new stadium: Bombers CEO

  • Print

The collapse of a small wall at the under-construction home of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers will not impact the team’s move into the new facility this September.

Strong winds knocked over a partially-constructed wall in a concession area of its administration building Monday night.

"While this may affect the timing of moving our business side into the new stadium due to repairs to the building, this will not set us back in our plan to open September 21st, or with best circumstances, September 9," said Garth Buchko, the team’s president and CEO.

Earlier this month, team officials confirmed the Bombers will play at least five games in the soon-to-be-mothballed Canad Inns Stadium after construction delays at Investors Group Field pushed back the opening date.

Construction officials previously said strong winds have contributed to the delay.

Mike Clynes, project director at Stuart Olson Dominion, said crews cannot install steel beams when winds are blustery. He said there were no other reports of damage at the new stadium due Monday night.

Fact Check

Fact Check

Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.

* Required
  • Please post the headline of the story or the title of the video with the error.

  • Please post exactly what was wrong with the story.

  • Please indicate your source for the correct information.

  • Yes

    No

  • This will only be used to contact you if we have a question about your submission, it will not be used to identify you or be published.

  • Cancel

Having problems with the form?

Contact Us Directly
  • Print

You can comment on most stories on winnipegfreepress.com. You can also agree or disagree with other comments. All you need to do is be a Winnipeg Free Press print or e-edition subscriber to join the conversation and give your feedback.

You can comment on most stories on winnipegfreepress.com. You can also agree or disagree with other comments. All you need to do is be a Winnipeg Free Press print or e-edition subscriber to join the conversation and give your feedback.

Have Your Say

New to commenting? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions.

Have Your Say

Comments are open to Winnipeg Free Press print or e-edition subscribers only. why?

Have Your Say

Comments are open to Winnipeg Free Press Subscribers only. why?

The Winnipeg Free Press does not necessarily endorse any of the views posted. By submitting your comment, you agree to our Terms and Conditions. These terms were revised effective April 16, 2010.

letters

Make text: Larger | Smaller

LATEST VIDEO

Key of Bart - Take It Easy

View more like this

Photo Store Gallery

  • June 25, 2013 - 130625  -  A storm lit up Winnipeg Tuesday, June 25, 2013. John Woods / Winnipeg Free Press - lightning
  • KEN GIGLIOTTI  WINNIPEG FREE PRESS / July 23 2009 - 090723 - Bart Kives story - Harry Lazarenko Annual River Bank Tour - receding water from summer rains and erosion  damage by flood  and ice  during spring flooding -  Red River , Lyndale Dr. damage to tree roots , river bank damage  , high water marks after 2009 Flood - POY

View More Gallery Photos

 

Poll

How surpised are you by the Bombers’ 4-1 start to the season?

View Results

Ads by Google