Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 20/6/2010 (2409 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
TORONTO — Five things rolling around in my little brain about the Bombers last preseason game while waiting for a late flight back to River City:
1. A couple new guys who have really impressed me to date are LB Marcellus Bowman and receiver Terence Jeffers-Harris. Both will not only make the team, but should start. That’s hardly a newsflash if you’ve been following camp, but it does speak of Joe Mack and Ken Moll’s recruiting skills.
2. Buck Pierce and the starting O did little in their stint on the field, but as good as Steven Jyles was — and he was good — the former Lions’ QB still gets my vote to start the season.
3. Felt awful for Travis Shelton after the game. He struggled, but it says here is worth a longer look.
4. Not sure if the O-line situation is settled, but moving Kelly Butler to left tackle is an inspired move. Putting an enormous specimen out there to protect the QB’s blind side will make those guys feel a lot more comfy in the pocket. Luke Fritz took snaps at both right tackle and centre and looked solid.
5. Adarius Bowman had better spend some extra time this week working on his catching. Dropped two more passes today, but we think he’s got a 1K season in him - easy.