Blue Bomber Report Record: 6–3–0
Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
First off, a mea culpa.
Last night I took off my shoes and socks and tried to do a little math. In looking at the last five Labour Day Classics (all Winnipeg losses), I added up the scores and gave the combined points scored for each side. Not accounting for the two toes I’m missing (not really), I came up with 183 points for the Riders, with the Bombers only mustering 84 points scored.
Powered by Sports Direct Inc.
Those demanding a recount are correct: I made a boo-boo.
The Saskatchewan total should read 163 points scored, with Winnipeg remaining at 84 points over the last five Labour Day games. Does that make you feel better, Bomber fans? In reality, none of these numbers really matter heading into Sunday. The only figure I care about is 10 – as in the point spread for the Green.
In an attempt to fix my math issues, I’m going to listen to this all day.
Some notes from Friday:
- BREAKING: No decision on the Bombers starting quarterback, and one is probably not coming until the TSN panel is well into the football conversation on Sunday’s pre-game show. Buck Pierce threw the ball well today, if that means anything. One thing we can confirm: Alex Brink will be the No. 3 pivot on the depth chart for the game and fourth-stringer Joey Elliott will probably be looking for something to do this weekend.
- SB Terrence Edwards was back practicing. Good news for the Bombers. Heading into the Regina without their best offensive weapon would be, as Ed Tait like to say, "Pure folly."
- Looks like DB Clint Kent will take over for Bernard Hicks at the SAM linebacker spot. DB Brandon Stewart should be his fill in at the halfback position. Watch for the Bombers to have a revolving door of DBs Sunday, as they’ll try to give the Riders a bunch of different looks when in passing situations.
- SB Chris Davis caught everything this week. Imagine if he could stay onside during games.
- Finally, a request to those heading down the Trans-Canada today or tomorrow: If you see that guy wearing that old school B.C. Lions jersey at the game – you know who I’m talking about, he’s famous for that out-of-date shirt – feel free to throw peanuts at him or dump a beer on his head for me. Don’t worry about any repercussions: Everyone around the dude will be doing the same thing.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
Photo Store Gallery
- Buck Pierce Update #764
- So long Gallant and other news...
- Fantasy Found
- A list of note and a tidbit
- On the hunt for Hunt
- Bomber staff to be poached?
- CFL Draft rankings move Mitchell to No. 1
Ads by Google