Blue Bomber Report Record: 5–3–0
Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
That's what some members of the Bombers call it when they wear different numbers on the practice field. Think that's Jovon Johnson back at his corner position? Think again. It's LaVar Glover. Johnson is too busy acting like No. 21 Alex Suber -- minus the dreads, of course.
Powered by Sports Direct Inc.
What's the big deal, you ask? Well, there isn't one, unless you have a camera in your hand. Pity those poor TV men and print photographers who walk in during the middle of practice with an assignment list of usual player numbers, only to return to the office and be told they've got the wrong guys.
Fun times for everyone.
On with the notes!
- With the exception of back-up S Brady Browne (ankle), the Bombers figure to have the same lineup in place for the Argos this Sunday (noon). Weird.
- K Louie Sakoda is staying home, which means Justin Palardy gets a chance to show that he should be the Winnipeg kicker moving forward. The former Hamilton Tiger-Cats kicker has only missed one FG in six chances since signing on with the Bombers, and if he has a good showing against the Argos, another Blue and Gold kicking competition seems likely next week.
- Sounds like the Argos will go with the three-headed attack of Bryan Crawford, Jeff Johnson and Andre Durie to replace the Grand Canyon-sized gap left by the absence of the league's leader rusher RB Cory Boyd (concussion).
- Finally, this weekend marks the final few days of the Toronto International Film Festival, so check back here (or follow me on the Twitter machine -- @wazoowazny) for all celebrity sightings and bad film industry clichés. My favourite: The dude in the blazer (over a faded rock shirt) with the ball cap, jeans and sneakers. "Hey buddy, can you *direct* me to the nearest Starbucks?"
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
Photo Store Gallery
- Buck Pierce Update #764
- Pointing to a clearer picture
- Bombers release Joe Smith
- Body count high
- Rumours, rumours
- So long Gallant and other news...
Ads by Google