Blue Bomber Report Record: 3–15–0
Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
From the media bunker at Canad Inns Stadium
No confirmation from the Bomber brass yet, but we can tell you we’ve heard whispers that DB Nick Kordic, OL Thaddeus Coleman, DL Montez Murphy and LB Jasper Johnson are about to be added to the club’s practice roster. That still leaves a couple spots open and the Bombers may be looking at cast-offs from other teams.
LB Siddeeq Shabazz will try to practice Sunday and, based on that workout, the coaches will decide if he can play in next Thursday’s opener in Edmonton. If he can’t go, look for Joe Lobendahn to take his place in a LB corps that will feature Ike Charlton and Barrin Simpson.
OL Brendon LaBatte will see how he feels in practice Sunday or Monday, but there’s a good chance he’ll have recovered from his ‘burner’ and be good to go against the Esks. If he can’t Lorne Plante will likely play right guard with veteran Kelly Bates moving from right to left guard to fill in for LaBatte.
Multi-dimensional defender Jonathan Hefney will likely start at halfback now in the Bomber secondary with James Johnson on the disabled list.
And now that the Bombers have sliced their roster, several players have requested number changes: Here they are, for all you diehards:
- DB Shawn Gallant is changing to #22 from #2;
- LB Siddeeq Shabazz is changing to #1 from #29;
- QB Richie Williams is now #4; was #16;
- RB Lavarus Giles is now wearing #29; was #40;
- LB/DB Jonathan Hefney has switched to #23 from #45;
- RB Yvenson Bernard is changing to #26 from #35;
- DB Nick Kordic is changing to #8 from #39;
- DB Jovon Johnson will now wear #2 instead of #24;
- FB Daryl Stephenson is to wear #24 after wearing #34;
- LB Jasper Johnson has changed to #13 from #48.
Photo Store Gallery
Most Popular The Bomber Insiders
Ads by Google