Blue Bomber Report Record: 5–3–0
Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
Game day is here
A couple of Derick Armstrong-related notes as the Bombers prepare for their home opener Friday night against the Calgary Stampeders...
* Toronto Argonauts new head coach Bart Andrus told reporters on Thursday his squad may take a look at the former Bomber receiver, released this week after refusing to play in the opener in Edmonton.
Powered by Sports Direct Inc.
"There's a possibility that we would (give him a physical) to see where he's at," Andrus said. "He's got that knee injury that could give him problems. We haven't said anything, but we're always looking to improve our roster and he's certainly a guy who is experienced and may allow us to improve -- if he's healthy."
* As well, we received an e-mail today from Anna Williams, who says she is Armstrong's mother in law. Here is that note in its entirety:
'To the "fans" of Winnipeg thank you for letting us the family of Derick Armstrong be a part of your life. We regret that Derick will not be a Blue Boomer but that is the cycle of sports.
To those who think Derick is a spoiled pampered player he is not. No matter what you hear he is a gentle soul, who loves his family and do whatever it takes to protect them.
Derick would never be rude or disrespect anyone, you have known him for 3 plus years, did you ever hear anything bad from him? We will continue to watch the Boomers and cheer for the players and fans.
I leave you with a statement by comedian George Carl "The paradox of our time in history is that we have taller building but shorter tempers, wider freeways, but narrower viewpoints".
Mother-in law of Derick Armstrong
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
Photo Store Gallery
- Buck Pierce Update #764
- Pointing to a clearer picture
- Bombers release Joe Smith
- Body count high
- Rumours, rumours
- So long Gallant and other news...
Ads by Google