Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 8/6/2009 (2695 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
Bits and pieces from soggy Day 2 of Bomber training camp:
- New Bomber QB Richie Williams is here but, according to the club, he’s not ‘officially’ here until he takes his physical. So, he’s spent the last two practices as an observer.
- Safety Shawn Gallant left the morning practice early with what looked to be an ankle injury while QB Darrell Hackney, CB Willie Amos and LB Joe Lobendahn were also limited in practice.
- DB John Eubanks, who also has impressive credentials from his days at Southern Miss as a kick returner, had a very solid morning workout.
- DB/LB Jonathan Hefney has finally had his passport issues resolved and is expected shortly.
- LB Barrin Simpson has officially switched from jersey #51 to #5.
- Jamie Stein of CFL.ca was here today to shoot interviews for a series of training-camp reports he is doing for the league website. Expect the Bomber report to be filed sometime in the next week.
CFL gossip: Kenton Keith twisted a knee in Hamilton and hasn’t been on the field for a couple days... The Riders ‘exploratory call’ to QB Ryan Dinwiddie has been just that. New QB Juan Joseph apparently had a good first day in Regina and the team is very high on Darian Durant, Steven Jyles and Dalton Bell... Riders are now saying RB Wes Cates’ shoulder hasn’t recovered yet and they are already saying he’s doubtful for the season opener.
More later from the afternoon session...
- Ed Tait