Blue Bomber Report Record: 6–3–0
Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
Kent probable, Suber unknown
Things in the Bombers secondary have settled down to the point where a bona-fide hunch can be made regarding who’s in and who’s out for Friday game against the Argos.
From what was out on the field today (and remember, this was the final practice of the week), it appears as though Jovon Johnson and LaVar Glover will be the corners, with Clint Kent and Brandon Stewart taking the halfback spots. Kent comes off the one-game injured list (he had a groin issue), while Stewart – who didn’t practice before today – returns after dealing with an undisclosed "bruise" problem.
Powered by Sports Direct Inc.
The odd man out appears to be Alex Suber. The feisty DB has been on the sidelines this week with a hamstring situation. He didn’t practice again today. Don Brown Jr., Bernard Hicks, and Jerry-Ralph Jules make up the rest of the depth chart. Head coach Paul LaPolice said Suber may still find himself in the line-up versus Toronto, adding the team does not have a hard and fast rule about players getting in at least one on-field workout prior to a coming game.
- No roster decision has been made on OL Ryan Donnelly or WR Jabari Arthur. Both are also off the one-game injured list and are hoping to crack the line-up. Doubtful the Bombers will mess with a winning hand, though.
- The Argos are actually doing a walk-through Thursday. Some CFL clubs forgo the exercise on the road, instead choosing to arrive later in the day (a travel inconsideration that is becoming more common, my fellow scribes tell me). Personally, I think the decision not to walk-through on the road blows. It cheats CFL fans and those wanting to see how other coaches conduct a workout. The league should step in and make it mandatory.
- Finally, check out this video from last Friday at Canad Inns Stadium. (Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyB41TaESGk) Beer cups can be stacked? Who knew? Frankly, I don’t get it. I mean, this isn’t the 2008 or 2009 season. Based on the early results on the field turf, the need for distraction at Bomber games shouldn’t apply this year. Perhaps it still does. What do I know? Maybe I’m just jealous I’m not helping with the cup count…
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
Photo Store Gallery
- Buck Pierce Update #764
- So long Gallant and other news...
- Fantasy Found
- A list of note and a tidbit
- On the hunt for Hunt
- Bomber staff to be poached?
- CFL Draft rankings move Mitchell to No. 1
Ads by Google