Blue Bomber Report Record: 5–3–0
Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
TORONTO – Hey, I’m in Toronto. Says so right there in the place line.
Sadly, I have no celebrity run-ins to report from this weekend. It seems those associated with the Toronto International Film Festival are not running in the same circles as those who cover the CFL. We shouldn’t really be surprised by this, right? A quick count last night had my TM-Zed moments at two:
Powered by Sports Direct Inc.
1. There was a guy in the Bombers hotel who looked like that guy from Trailer Park Boys. Leahy. He was first spotted by a colleague, and I desperately wanted to back him up on this sighting, but neither of us are really familiar with the show. The only guy I know is Julian. He drinks rum and coke.
2. Later that night, we ran into a guy who looked like RJ Broadhead – one of the talking heads at Rogers Sportsnet. Turns out it was him. Why am I always fascinated when I see TV people out of their element? Not really a TIFF sighting, but look at it this way: He’s not really a celebrity.
A few football thoughts heading into today’s big game between the Bombers and Argos:
- Hey, remember when Saskatchewan had that awful travel day prior to the Banjo Bowl (some Riders complained that lengthy Saturday commute took them out of the early afternoon game)? Have to wonder how the Bombers will respond to their Planes, Trains, and Automobiles moment today. The club was forced to scratch the routine walk through Saturday, thanks to a travel delay.
- Argos QB Cleo Lemon definitely had some NFL media training in a former football life. My goodness, does he ever say a lot without saying anything.
- Speaking of the NFL, why would the CFL schedule a Sunday double-header directly opposite the NFL? The Canadian game can stand on its own merit, I agree, but why give the home viewer the option? With the number of people in NFL fantasy leagues and office pools, causal football fans will be watching the American game today instead of the CFL just based on self interest alone.
- Word is the Argos will be lucky to pull in 20,000 for the game today.
- Finally, Ken Miller would like to thank the B.C. Lions for their epic collapse in the fourth quarter last night. It really took some of the league focus off of him today.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
Photo Store Gallery
- Buck Pierce Update #764
- Pointing to a clearer picture
- Bombers release Joe Smith
- Body count high
- Rumours, rumours
- So long Gallant and other news...
Ads by Google