Blue Bomber Report Record: 3–15–0
Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
That sound of relief you heard from the Polo Park area? The return of QB Steven Jyles to practice.
The No. 1 pivot called in sick Tuesday and Wednesday, and his return to the field this morning was a welcome sight for Bombers coaches. Look past the numbers for a second (OK don’t – 63 per cent completion percentage, 14 touchdowns and four interceptions) – it’s hard to imagine anyone on the staff feeling comfortable with raw rookies Alex Brink and Joey Elliott heading into the *biggest game of the season against the Lions Saturday. That’s no slight to those guys; Jyles is just the better option heading into THE BIGGEST GAME OF THE YEAR!!!
*with six games left and the playoff chase underway, every game left is big – just so you know.
Notable observations from Bombers practice:
- Both Terence Jeffers-Harris and Greg Carr figure to be in the lineup Saturday. That probably puts Chris Davis and Adarius Bowman on the outside looking in – but there is still a chance one of those could find a flight to Vancouver.
- Head coach Paul LaPolice says Jeffers-Harris’ ankle appears to be 100 per cent, but there were moments at practice where he seemed to be limping a bit. Maybe it’s nothing. The reason I bring this up is due to the fact that the player has been lobbying to get back into games for a while now. It will be interesting to see how he does after such a long layoff.
- DB Jonathan Hefney had a pick in the hurry-up drill today. A sign of things to come? LaPolice said Hefney will in a few defensive packages for the Bombers against the Lions, adding that the plan is to fully work him into the defence for the Thanksgiving Day game. Remember: Hefney has only been in two practices this week.
- The Bombers have put DB LaVar Glover (groin) on the nine-game injury list, but that doesn’t mean he’s done for the year. The club is hoping to relieve some salary cap pressure with the move.
- Finally, a big shout out to those who have donated dough to the Bombers Fine Fund through this website. Talking with some players today, they were amazed at the level of commitment and undying loyalty Bomber fans have. The money will probably be forwarded to a charitable cause, but gesture has not gone unnoticed.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
Photo Store Gallery
Most Popular in The Bomber Insiders
Ads by Google