Blue Bomber Report Record: 3–15–0
Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
QB rotation updated
- Head coach Mike Kelly updated the QB rotation for Wednesday’s preseason game: it’ll be Stefan LeFors getting the first quarter, Bryan Randall in the second, James Kilian the third and Richie Williams in the fourth quarter.
- New OL Thaddeus Coleman is expected in town Monday night but will likely need a week before he starts practising. He hurt a calf muscle in Edmonton and comes east in the trade that sent Willie Amos to the Eskimos. He’ll be insurance to import Glen January, who is expected to start at right tackle. "He’s a big, tall kid with long arms that has very good agility and lateral mobility," said Kelly. "Athletically, he’s somebody that can grow with us for awhile. We’re excited to get him."
- The New York Jets had a scout in town today. Ironically, the last NFL team Coleman worked out for was the Jets.
- PK Dan Giancola kicked again today; no official word on whether he’ll be ready to go against the Ticats.
- DB Lenny Walls will be here by Tuesday. He was trying to negotiate a new deal with the Bombers after coming over from Calgary and set up a real-estate business at home for life after football.
- Cuts are coming this Friday. Kelly said he wanted to get down to 60 players for next week’s preseason game in Montreal. The Bombers will dress all their players this week, although WR Derick Armstrong and LB Siddeeq Shabazz are among those who won’t suit up.
- "There’s a handful of guys who we already know what they are," said Kelly. "I told this to the team: we have a lot of talented athletes here and unfortunately because of numbers we’re going to end up cutting guys that we’ll end up playing against. That’s part of the business."
Photo Store Gallery
Most Popular The Bomber Insiders
Ads by Google