Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
Chances are they deserve each other
ALAMEDA, Calif. -- Matt Schaub and the Oakland Raiders are both hoping to put the mistakes of 2013 in the past.
The Raiders acquired Schaub from Houston on Friday for a sixth-round draft pick, giving the quarterback a second chance after he lost his starting job with the Texans last season.
"A fresh start can do a lot of things for a player and a team and I'm one of those guys," Schaub said. "Last year did not go as I had planned, given my prior nine years before that. I'm looking for a fresh start, I'm excited for the opportunity here."
The deal also is a second chance for Oakland general manager Reggie McKenzie, whose trade last spring for Matt Flynn was a bust when he couldn't win the starting job and was eventually released early in the season.
Coach Dennis Allen said Schaub comes in as the starter after Terrelle Pryor and Matt McGloin were inconsistent last year in Oakland's second straight four-win season.
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition March 22, 2014 C11
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 5 articles for this week)07/24/2014 1:00 AM 0
A look at this week's CFL games.
Photo Store Gallery
- Very rough night for Blue
- Blue feeling like bongo drums
- Moore than a feeling
- Bombers dissect Thursday's drubbing by Eskimos
- Whipping exposes abundant flaws
- Blue review gaffe-filled game
- O-line a disaster area
- Lacklustre Blue didn't help their bottom line
- List of injured Bombers grows
- Bombers, Esks: press reset and presto...
- Banks asks to be released from Bombers
- Bombers trade for QB Portis
- Feoli-Gudino gets it done
- Bombers linebacker Korey Banks suspended
- Bombers gut out a comeback
- Bomber ticket sales shoot up after win over Argos
- Amazing 3-0 start for Blue
- Bombers release Ford
- Won hard and put away wet
- Slick Willy puts on a great show
Ads by Google