Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
Colts owner charged
NOBLESVILLE, Ind. -- Prosecutors charged Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay with two misdemeanour counts Friday stemming from his intoxicated driving arrest near his home in March.
Hamilton County prosecutors said Irsay was charged with operating a vehicle while intoxicated and operating a vehicle with a schedule I or II controlled substance or its metabolite in the body, which carry maximum penalties of 60 days in jail and $500 fines for each count. A probable cause affidavit said Irsay was driving under the influence of oxycodone and/or hydrocodone, both powerful painkillers.
Irsay was arrested near his home at about 3 a.m. on March 16 with $29,000 in cash and bottles of prescription drugs in his vehicle. Police said Irsay denied being drunk and told an officer he had taken several prescription medications during the day.
Stampeders DB suspended
CALGARY -- The Stampeders have suspended defensive back Quincy Butler, who has been charged with two counts of assault after an incident outside a Calgary casino.
"I've met with Quincy on several occasions about his situation. Obviously, I'm highly disappointed any time one of our players finds himself in this type of situation," Stampeders coach and general manager John Hufnagel said in a statement released Friday.
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition May 24, 2014 C6
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 5 articles for this week)07/24/2014 1:00 AM 0
Calgary Stampeders (3-0)
at Edmonton Eskimos (4-0)
Tonight, 8 p.m. TV: TSN
Stampeders line: The Stamps announced Wednesday that they have placed running ...
Photo Store Gallery
- Very rough night for Blue
- Blue feeling like bongo drums
- Moore than a feeling
- Bombers dissect Thursday's drubbing by Eskimos
- Whipping exposes abundant flaws
- Blue review gaffe-filled game
- O-line a disaster area
- Lacklustre Blue didn't help their bottom line
- List of injured Bombers grows
- Bombers, Esks: press reset and presto...
- Banks asks to be released from Bombers
- Bombers trade for QB Portis
- Feoli-Gudino gets it done
- Bombers linebacker Korey Banks suspended
- Bombers gut out a comeback
- Bomber ticket sales shoot up after win over Argos
- Amazing 3-0 start for Blue
- Bombers release Ford
- Won hard and put away wet
- Slick Willy puts on a great show
Ads by Google