Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
Edmonton Eskimos report profitable 2012 operations
EDMONTON -- The Edmonton Eskimos earned a net profit of $207,060 from 2012, the CFL club reported Tuesday at its annual general meeting.
The CFL club also announced that last year, its sponsorship revenue increased by $369,000 over 2011 while the distribution from the league was up by $133,000 ($2.209 million).
The Eskimos experienced increases in gate receipts ($451,000) as well as concessions and game-day revenues ($467,000). The club's overall operating expenses were $18.8 million, an increase of $1.9 million.
On the field, the Eskimos finished last in the West Division with a 7-11 record. But that was good enough to cross over into the East Division playoffs, where Edmonton dropped a 42-26 semifinal decision at Rogers Centre to the eventual Grey Cup-champion Toronto Argonauts.
-- The Canadian Press
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition May 8, 2013 D6
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 5 articles for this week)07/24/2014 1:00 AM 0
Calgary Stampeders (3-0)
at Edmonton Eskimos (4-0)
Tonight, 8 p.m. TV: TSN
Stampeders line: The Stamps announced Wednesday that they have placed running ...
Photo Store Gallery
- Very rough night for Blue
- Blue feeling like bongo drums
- Moore than a feeling
- Bombers dissect Thursday's drubbing by Eskimos
- Whipping exposes abundant flaws
- Blue review gaffe-filled game
- O-line a disaster area
- Lacklustre Blue didn't help their bottom line
- Bombers, Esks: press reset and presto...
- List of injured Bombers grows
- Banks asks to be released from Bombers
- Bombers trade for QB Portis
- Feoli-Gudino gets it done
- Bombers linebacker Korey Banks suspended
- Bombers gut out a comeback
- Bomber ticket sales shoot up after win over Argos
- Amazing 3-0 start for Blue
- Bombers release Ford
- Won hard and put away wet
- Slick Willy puts on a great show
Ads by Google