Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
Is curse the source of Bills' woes?
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- It has been so long since the Buffalo Bills made the playoffs, Thurman Thomas is starting to buy into the theory the franchise just might be cursed.
"Yeah, it could be that. I've mentioned it to a couple of people at 1 Bills Drive about it," the Hall of Fame running back said, referring to the team's headquarters. "I tell you what, ever since we were let go on 'Black Thursday,' they haven't been to the playoffs."
Thomas meant a day regarded by Bills fans as among the worst in team history. On Thursday, Feb. 10, 2000, the Bills parted with the last core members of their AFC championship teams by releasing Thomas, Hall of Fame defensive end Bruce Smith and receiver Andre Reed.
The Bills haven't been to the post-season since.
A curse? Why not.
There has been enough amiss in Buffalo to include numerous explanations how a once-proud team owns the NFL's longest active playoff drought. The streak reached 14 years after the Bills (5-9) were eliminated last weekend.
There is -- as has become the mantra in Buffalo -- always next year.
-- The Associated Press
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition December 22, 2013 B7
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 5 articles for this week)07/24/2014 1:00 AM 0
Calgary Stampeders (3-0)
at Edmonton Eskimos (4-0)
Tonight, 8 p.m. TV: TSN
Stampeders line: The Stamps announced Wednesday that they have placed running ...
Photo Store Gallery
- Very rough night for Blue
- Blue feeling like bongo drums
- Moore than a feeling
- Bombers dissect Thursday's drubbing by Eskimos
- Whipping exposes abundant flaws
- Blue review gaffe-filled game
- O-line a disaster area
- Lacklustre Blue didn't help their bottom line
- Bombers, Esks: press reset and presto...
- List of injured Bombers grows
- Banks asks to be released from Bombers
- Bombers trade for QB Portis
- Feoli-Gudino gets it done
- Bombers linebacker Korey Banks suspended
- Bombers gut out a comeback
- Bomber ticket sales shoot up after win over Argos
- Amazing 3-0 start for Blue
- Bombers release Ford
- Won hard and put away wet
- Slick Willy puts on a great show
Ads by Google