The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
Detroit TE Brandon Pettigrew ruled out for Sunday's game against Giants
ALLEN PARK, Mich. - Detroit Lions tight end Brandon Pettigrew has been ruled out for Sunday's game against the New York Giants.
Pettigrew hurt an ankle during Detroit's 18-16 loss to Baltimore on Monday night. His absence leaves the Lions without a key offensive player. Pettigrew has 41 catches for 416 yards and two touchdowns this season. Without him, Detroit may look to Joseph Fauria to play a bigger role in the offence.
Wide receiver Calvin Johnson was limited in practice Friday because of lingering knee issues. He's officially listed as questionable for Sunday's game, along with cornerback Chris Houston and linebacker DeAndre Levy.
Cornerback Darius Slay is doubtful because of a knee problem.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 50 articles for this week)3:38 AM 0
SAN FRANCISCO - Jonathan Martin has had Jim Harbaugh's support all along, from his early college days at Stanford to ...
Photo Store Gallery
Most Popular in NFL
- As free agency opens, Chiefs watch several former players sign big deals somewhere else
- Indianapolis re-signs kicker Adam Vinatieri hours before free-agent market opens
- Broncos agree to deals with DBs Aqib Talib, T.J. Ward
- Dolphins trade tackle Jonathan Martin to 49ers to be reunited with college coach Jim Harbaugh
- Capsules of NFC teams heading into NFL free agency
- Cowboys release franchise sacks leader DeMarcus Ware to save money under salary cap
- Bears terminate eight-time Pro Bowl DE Peppers' contract
- New Orleans shores up defensive backfield, signs safety Jairus Byrd to a six-year deal
- Falcons sign 3 linemen, re-sign DT Jonathan Babineaux to address needs at start of free agency
- Person familiar with deal: Titans agree to terms with McCluster, Leon Washington stays with TN
- Jets bring back tight end Jeff Cumberland, who led team in TD catches
- Judge says former NFL player can't be held indefinitely in rape case, gives time for charges
- Browns release troubled wide receiver Davone Bess after off season of bizarre behaviour
- Los Angeles judge says it's 'unfair' to hold former NFL player indefinitely
- As top 2011 draft picks move closer to next NFL contract, big paydays could be slow to come
- Person familiar with situation tells AP that Broncos are expected to release CB Champ Bailey
- Capsules of AFC teams heading into NFL free agency
- Agent: Star DE Jared Allen ready for free agency, not interested in 'situational' rush role
- San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh moves forward after Browns tried to trade for him
- Record-setting returner Hester says Bears 'parting ways' with him
- Openly gay NFL pioneer: 'I just wish you'd see me as Michael Sam the football player'
- Manziel, Sam expected to draw most attention at NFL's annual scouting combine in Indianapolis
- Lindenwood's Desir chasing real-world dream at NFL combine - a long-shot chance to make NFL
- Character questions go back on centre stage at NFL's scouting combine
- Agent: Andrew McDonald, Player A in bullying report, has 'no problem with the Miami Dolphins'
- Police: Ravens' Ray Rice arrested after argument with fiance at Atlantic City casino
- Tough Cut: Browns release veteran linebacker D'Qwell Jackson, owed $4.1 million roster bonus
- Pick 6: From Clowney's dash to Sam's struggle, standout performances from the NFL combine
- Spielman: Spotlight on Michael Sam wouldn't deter Vikings from drafting him
- New Orleans warrant issued for ex-Saints safety Darren Sharper, 2nd man; accused of rape
Ads by Google