The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
Eagles acquire running back Kenjon Barner from Panthers
PHILADELPHIA - The Philadelphia Eagles have acquired running back Kenjon Barner from the Carolina Panthers for a conditional seventh-round draft choice in 2015.
Last year, Barner was drafted in the sixth round by the Panthers. The 25-year-old Barner played in eight regular-season games and one playoff game with the Panthers.
He finished his collegiate career at Oregon ranked second in school history in yards rushing (3,623) and tied for second with 41 touchdowns rushing.
As a senior in 2012, Barner earned first-team All-America honours by rushing for 1,767 yards (second most in school history) and 21 touchdowns (tied for most in school history).
"Kenjon will hopefully bring some depth to both our running back and return positions," coach Chip Kelly said.
"He's obviously a guy I know really well from Oregon, where he had a very productive career. He has a lot of speed, explosiveness and had a knack for making some really big plays."
AP NFL websites: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 50 articles for this week)10/24/2014 6:38 PM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- NFL lauds MetLife Stadium's security system and programs as trendsetting
- The Detroit Lions have been loving life in England before game against Atlanta at Wembley
- NFL Personality of the Week: 49ers Harbaugh does things his way, unfazed by outside scrutiny
- Lead union investigator says NFL, Baltimore Ravens not forthcoming in probe of Rice case
- "Ben Stiller, Dodgeball. Can't you see it?"
- Seattle's Byron Maxwell, Max Unger, Bryan Walters all out Sunday vs. Carolina
- Manning throws 3 TD passes to Sanders, Broncos beat Chargers 35-21
- San Diego Chargers say S Jahleel Addae diagnosed with concussion
- Former NFL, AFL player John 'Bull' Bramlett dead at 73; dubbed 'Meanest Man in Football'
- Carolina Panthers will be without 7 injured players this week against Seattle Seahawks
- Cowboys release Michael Sam, latest setback as NFL's first openly gay player seeks roster spot
- In case you missed it in NFL's Week 7: Manning hardly the only 1 setting records; bold Fisher
- Is there hope for NFL's bottom feeders: Bucs, Raiders, Jags, Jets, Redskins?
- Vikings try to recover, still stinging from late defensive lapse in last-second loss
- Tony Gonzalez says he has no regrets about walking away from NFL career
- Doctors give Indiana's Spriggs 'clean bill of health,' release him from hospital
- No stopping Peyton Manning and Broncos' passing game in romp over 49ers
- Surviving years in NFL as backup QB requires mix of strong arm, football IQ, poise, right team
- Percy Harvin says he's not 'perfect,' while GM John Idzik says trade could be 'coup' for Jets
- Titans trade linebacker Akeem Ayers to Patriots, Whisenhunt calls move fresh start for Ayers
- Minneapolis police used stun gun to arrest Vikings DT Johnson after he wouldn't leave club
- Prosecutors want Adrian Peterson's bond revoked after accusing him of smoking marijuana
- Peyton Manning joins Brett Favre in elite club with his 500th touchdown pass
- Indictment formally charges Arizona Cardinals running back Jonathan Dwyer with assaulting wife
- Oakland Raiders make Tony Sparano interim coach after firing Dennis Allen
- Nick Foles throws 2 TD passes, Eagles beat Giants 27-0 for their first shutout in 18 years
- In case you missed it in NFL's Week 4: Payton's fake punt, other questionable coaching calls
- Big D: Lions dominate Bridgewater, Vikings 17-3 with 3 interceptions and 8 sacks
- 'We're in a good place': NFL is OK with flags flying far more frequently, especially on passes
- In case you missed it in NFL's Week 6: Dallas Cowboys aka America's Team at 5-1; Rodgers' fake
Ads by Google