The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
Ex-Cleveland Browns quarterback Bernie Kosar arrested on drunken driving charge
CLEVELAND - Former Browns quarterback Bernie Kosar has been arrested on drunken driving charges in suburban Cleveland.
Police in Solon (SOH'-lun) say Kosar was arrested early Sunday. A police statement says Kosar was pulled over for speeding at around 2:45 a.m. and officers smelled a strong odour of alcohol.
The police statement says Kosar took sobriety tests and was taken to jail. He was alone in the car.
Kosar didn't immediately return a phone call seeking comment.
The 49-year-old Kosar has publicly talked about how head injuries sustained during his NFL career have affected his speech, making him sometimes slur his words. He has also been addicted to pain medications, gone through a divorce and had financial troubles.
(1 of 50 articles for this week)10:15 AM 0
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The Tennessee Titans have filled the spot on their practice squad by signing defensive end Adewale Ojomo.
Photo Store Gallery
Most Popular NFL
- 49ers sign guard Ryan Seymour to 3-year contract
- Hard work pays off for long-shot defensive lineman Stefan Charles
- Browns waive quarterback Caleb Hanie, who backed up Campbell on Sunday at New England
- NFL moves Bears-Eagles to Sunday night game on Dec. 22
- QB Josh McCown has kept Bears in playoff race with stellar play
- Dolphins' Starks hears teasing after video of tussle for fumble against Steelers goes viral
- Only thing better than being Auburn fan? Holding tickets for national title at 1,000-1 odds
- Te'o says rough rookie season has nothing to do with grief he's caught over girlfriend hoax
- Jones calls for more aggressive play-calling on 'D' after Cowboys get picked up by Bears 45-28
- Rams guaranteed non-winning season after consecutive losses
- Vikings come to agreement with Wells Fargo on signage issue around new stadium
- Nasty weather, with blowing snow, plagues several NFL games
- 5 things to know after Dalton, Bengals win 42-28 against Colts, who still clinch AFC South
- 5 things to know after Tom Brady's 2 TD passes in last 61 seconds lift Pats over Browns 27-26
- Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski lost for season, goes on injured reserve with injured right knee
- Houston Texans fire coach Gary Kubiak as skid reaches 11 games
- Unbeaten Buckeyes face another obstacle with benching of right guard in imperfect season
- 5 things to know after Prater's record kick, Manning's 4 TDs lift Broncos over Titans 51-28
- It's not just quarterbacks who are putting up historic numbers in NFL's pass-happy days
- Matt Flynn starting for Packers at QB vs Falcons
- Man says he had no fear trying to catch woman who jumped from Oakland stadium deck
- Former Raiders tight end Todd Christensen dies during surgery at 57
- Survey finds Canadians don't want NFL here if it means demise of CFL
- Police: 1 dead, 3 in custody after altercation in Arrowhead Stadium parking lot in Kansas City
- Vikings and Packers play to a 26-26 tie after Green Bay storms back under Flynn
- 5 things we learned from Patriots comeback 34-31 OT win over Broncos in fumble-filled game
- Joe Montana says NFL locker rooms are tough, but Dolphins scandal can be handled
- Code Talker attends game, says Washington Redskins name not derogatory, is symbol of courage
- Former NFL wide receiver Sam Hurd could get life in prison at sentencing for drug scheme
- Political football: Embattled Toronto Mayor Rob Ford attends Bills-Falcons game
Ads by Google