The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
Jake Locker active, starting against 49ers just 3 weeks after QB carted off field to hospital
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Tennessee is starting Jake Locker at quarterback against the San Francisco 49ers just three weeks after he was carted off the field with a sprained right hip and knee.
The Titans have deactivated Rusty Smith on Sunday, leaving backup Ryan Fitzpatrick as the other quarterback active. Locker practiced all week, doing more each day, capped by a slight majority of the snaps Friday. He warmed up Sunday wearing a brace protecting his right knee, and coach Mike Munchak has said Locker will start if dressed.
The Titans have inactive defensive end Derrick Morgan (shoulder), starting rookie Lavar Edwards. Linebacker Moise Fokou (right knee) also is out.
Nose tackle Glenn Dorsey is active for the 49ers after recovering from an injured right hamstring.
AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org
(1 of 50 articles for this week)12/10/2013 10:05 PM 0
SANTA CLARA, Calif. - Ryan Seymour was standing on the visitor's side of Candlestick Park on Sunday.
Two days later, he ...
Photo Store Gallery
Most Popular NFL
- Hard work pays off for long-shot defensive lineman Stefan Charles
- NFL moves Bears-Eagles to Sunday night game on Dec. 22
- Jones calls for more aggressive play-calling on 'D' after Cowboys get picked up by Bears 45-28
- Dolphins' Starks hears teasing after video of tussle for fumble against Steelers goes viral
- QB Josh McCown has kept Bears in playoff race with stellar play
- Browns waive quarterback Caleb Hanie, who backed up Campbell on Sunday at New England
- Rams guaranteed non-winning season after consecutive losses
- Only thing better than being Auburn fan? Holding tickets for national title at 1,000-1 odds
- 49ers sign guard Ryan Seymour to 3-year contract
- Cowboys LB Sean Lee leaves game against Bears with neck injury
- Vikings come to agreement with Wells Fargo on signage issue around new stadium
- Nasty weather, with blowing snow, plagues several NFL games
- 5 things to know after Dalton, Bengals win 42-28 against Colts, who still clinch AFC South
- 5 things to know after Tom Brady's 2 TD passes in last 61 seconds lift Pats over Browns 27-26
- Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski lost for season, goes on injured reserve with injured right knee
- Houston Texans fire coach Gary Kubiak as skid reaches 11 games
- Unbeaten Buckeyes face another obstacle with benching of right guard in imperfect season
- NFL fines Steelers coach Mike Tomlin $100,000 for interfering with play against Ravens
- 5 things to know after Prater's record kick, Manning's 4 TDs lift Broncos over Titans 51-28
- It's not just quarterbacks who are putting up historic numbers in NFL's pass-happy days
- Man says he had no fear trying to catch woman who jumped from Oakland stadium deck
- Former Raiders tight end Todd Christensen dies during surgery at 57
- Survey finds Canadians don't want NFL here if it means demise of CFL
- Police: 1 dead, 3 in custody after altercation in Arrowhead Stadium parking lot in Kansas City
- Vikings and Packers play to a 26-26 tie after Green Bay storms back under Flynn
- 5 things we learned from Patriots comeback 34-31 OT win over Broncos in fumble-filled game
- Joe Montana says NFL locker rooms are tough, but Dolphins scandal can be handled
- Code Talker attends game, says Washington Redskins name not derogatory, is symbol of courage
- Former NFL wide receiver Sam Hurd could get life in prison at sentencing for drug scheme
- Political football: Embattled Toronto Mayor Rob Ford attends Bills-Falcons game
Ads by Google