The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
Patriots cut 2 veterans, DL Marcus Forston, TE D.J. Williams
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - The New England Patriots have released defensive lineman Marcus Forston and tight end D.J. Williams.
Forston had three tackles in three games for the Patriots last season. Williams had no catches in two games.
The Patriots originally signed Forston in May 2012 as an undrafted free agent from Miami. He played one game and spent most of that season on the team's practice squad.
Williams was drafted by the Green Bay Packers in the fifth round in 2011 and had nine catches in 26 games for them over two seasons. He started last season with Jacksonville, where he played seven games before being cut and signed by New England.
AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 50 articles for this week)10/24/2014 6:38 PM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- The Detroit Lions have been loving life in England before game against Atlanta at Wembley
- NFL lauds MetLife Stadium's security system and programs as trendsetting
- NFL Personality of the Week: 49ers Harbaugh does things his way, unfazed by outside scrutiny
- Lead union investigator says NFL, Baltimore Ravens not forthcoming in probe of Rice case
- "Ben Stiller, Dodgeball. Can't you see it?"
- Seattle's Byron Maxwell, Max Unger, Bryan Walters all out Sunday vs. Carolina
- Manning throws 3 TD passes to Sanders, Broncos beat Chargers 35-21
- Cowboys' much-improved defence getting job done without sacks, but how long can that last?
- San Diego Chargers say S Jahleel Addae diagnosed with concussion
- Steelers' Blount replacing Archer on kickoff returns after poor results
- Cowboys release Michael Sam, latest setback as NFL's first openly gay player seeks roster spot
- In case you missed it in NFL's Week 7: Manning hardly the only 1 setting records; bold Fisher
- Is there hope for NFL's bottom feeders: Bucs, Raiders, Jags, Jets, Redskins?
- Vikings try to recover, still stinging from late defensive lapse in last-second loss
- Tony Gonzalez says he has no regrets about walking away from NFL career
- Doctors give Indiana's Spriggs 'clean bill of health,' release him from hospital
- No stopping Peyton Manning and Broncos' passing game in romp over 49ers
- Surviving years in NFL as backup QB requires mix of strong arm, football IQ, poise, right team
- Percy Harvin says he's not 'perfect,' while GM John Idzik says trade could be 'coup' for Jets
- Titans trade linebacker Akeem Ayers to Patriots, Whisenhunt calls move fresh start for Ayers
- Minneapolis police used stun gun to arrest Vikings DT Johnson after he wouldn't leave club
- Prosecutors want Adrian Peterson's bond revoked after accusing him of smoking marijuana
- Peyton Manning joins Brett Favre in elite club with his 500th touchdown pass
- Indictment formally charges Arizona Cardinals running back Jonathan Dwyer with assaulting wife
- Oakland Raiders make Tony Sparano interim coach after firing Dennis Allen
- Nick Foles throws 2 TD passes, Eagles beat Giants 27-0 for their first shutout in 18 years
- In case you missed it in NFL's Week 4: Payton's fake punt, other questionable coaching calls
- Big D: Lions dominate Bridgewater, Vikings 17-3 with 3 interceptions and 8 sacks
- 'We're in a good place': NFL is OK with flags flying far more frequently, especially on passes
- In case you missed it in NFL's Week 6: Dallas Cowboys aka America's Team at 5-1; Rodgers' fake
Ads by Google