Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
Peterson expected to play
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- Adrian Peterson shouldn't have any reason to get "hot" at Minnesota Vikings coach Leslie Frazier this week.
Peterson returned to practice for Minnesota on Friday and is expected to play in Sunday's game at Cincinnati as long as he doesn't have any setbacks with his sprained right foot. The league's second-leading rusher, Peterson is listed as questionable for the Vikings (4-9-1).
"I'm looking forward to playing this week," Peterson said Friday. "Get another day to rest tomorrow, which is going to be good. As far as the foot goes, I'll be ready to go."
Peterson missed last week's game after spraining his foot a week earlier at Baltimore. Though he returned to practice on a limited basis last Friday, Frazier held Peterson out of Sunday's 48-30 win against Philadelphia. Frazier said it wasn't an easy conversation with Peterson, who admitted to being "hot" and devastated" about having to sit out.
-- The Associated Press
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition December 21, 2013 C4
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 50 articles for this week)2:37 AM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Percy Harvin says he's not 'perfect,' while GM John Idzik says trade could be 'coup' for Jets
- Rams coach Jeff Fisher keeps finding ways to trick opponents
- Vikings try to recover, still stinging from late defensive lapse in last-second loss
- Winless Raiders seeking answers for 3rd-down defensive problems
- Steelers use 3-touchdown flurry to rally past stunned Texans 30-23
- Redskins LB Brian Orakpo done for season, needs surgery on torn right pectoral muscle
- Court lowers bond for Arizona Cardinals player accused of assaulting wife during arguments
- Chicago Bears try to right the ship after another home loss
- Payton asserts that the Saints are improving, but need to focus on the concept of 'finishing'
- Newton grounded, Kuechly ejected, while Packers torch Panthers defence in 38-17 victory
- Police: Dallas Cowboys RB Joseph Randle arrested, accused of shoplifting cologne, underwear
- With or without Bridgewater, Vikings' receiver corps struggling to make an impact on the field
- In case you missed it in NFL's Week 7: Manning hardly the only 1 setting records; bold Fisher
- 2 people familiar with deal: Seahawks trade wide receiver Percy Harvin to Jets
- Judge dismisses sexual assault lawsuit against Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones
- Doctors give Indiana's Spriggs 'clean bill of health,' release him from hospital
- Is there hope for NFL's bottom feeders: Bucs, Raiders, Jags, Jets, Redskins?
- Seattle's Doug Baldwin on postgame comments: 'I felt like it needed to be said'
- Peyton's chase of Favre's 508 touchdown throws is subplot in 49ers-Broncos showdown
- Tom Brady throws 3 TD passes, Patriots get by surprisingly tough Jets 27-25
- Minneapolis police used stun gun to arrest Vikings DT Johnson after he wouldn't leave club
- Former star kicker Rob Bironas of Titans killed in car accident near his Nashville home
- Prosecutors want Adrian Peterson's bond revoked after accusing him of smoking marijuana
- Peyton Manning joins Brett Favre in elite club with his 500th touchdown pass
- Indictment formally charges Arizona Cardinals running back Jonathan Dwyer with assaulting wife
- Oakland Raiders make Tony Sparano interim coach after firing Dennis Allen
- Nick Foles throws 2 TD passes, Eagles beat Giants 27-0 for their first shutout in 18 years
- In case you missed it in NFL's Week 4: Payton's fake punt, other questionable coaching calls
- Big D: Lions dominate Bridgewater, Vikings 17-3 with 3 interceptions and 8 sacks
- 'We're in a good place': NFL is OK with flags flying far more frequently, especially on passes
Ads by Google