The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
Red Sox designate OF Grady Sizemore for assignment, recall 3B Garin Cecchini from Triple A
BOSTON - The Boston Red Sox have designated outfielder Grady Sizemore for assignment.
The move comes as Sizemore struggles after injuries sidelined him between September 2011 and this season. He made the All-Star team three times with the Cleveland Indians then had seven operations since 2009, including surgery on both knees, his back and elbow.
Sizemore hit .333 in spring training and started in centre field on opening day when he homered in Boston's 2-1 loss at Baltimore. But in 52 games, he hit .216 with two homers and 15 RBIs.
The Red Sox recalled third baseman Garin Cecchini From Triple-A Pawtucket. He played one game with Boston on June 1, going 1 for 2 with an RBI double in a 4-0 win over Tampa Bay.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 50 articles for this week)3:18 AM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Jon Ryan has been the Seattle Seahawks' lonely punter during quiet preseason
- Struggling '49ers offensive line looks to make adjustments in a hurry for final preseason game
- Buffalo Bills shuffle backup QBs by signing Jordan Palmer and releasing Thad Lewis
- NFL cuts overshadowed by Mankins trade, players put on injured reserve
- NFL 2014: Packers seeking 4th straight NFC North title, look for boost from Peppers, defence
- Construction ahead: Browns running out of time to address problems before opener with Steelers
- Attorney: Hearing for Browns WR Josh Gordon's DWI case in North Carolina moved to Nov. 18
- With Whitehurst's finger still sore, Titans sign QB Dominique Davis to help finish preseason
- Indianapolis already has plan when Mathis begins serves 4-game suspension
- Hill confident as he takes over as Rams quarterback after Bradford's season-ending injury
- NFL coaches no longer leaving locker-rooms just to the players
- Minnesota Vikings adding $19 million to stadium project to guarantee features
- Indianapolis releases 11 players to get down to 79 on eve of 1st cut down deadline
- Broncos WR Wes Welker leaves game with concussion after blow to head
- Hometown Hero: Brian Hoyer holds off Johnny Manziel to win starting job with Browns
- Where have they gone? Three-down linebackers vanishing breed as offences stress passing
- Russell Wilson continues Seattle's offensive roll in 34-6 preseason rout of Chicago
- Raiders LB Sio Moore taken off on stretcher with neck injury in preseason game against Packers
- South Carolina trooper who arrested NFL lineman Sam Montgomery during traffic stop is fired
- Broncos release veteran T Winston Justice, 10 others in first round of roster cuts
- Peterson reveals via tweet that he's agreed to a 5-year, $70 million contract with Cardinals
- Peyton and Eli Manning modernize their rap image in latest DirecTV commercial
- Bills to Toronto concerns raised by documents outlining ownership group's plan to move team
- Donald Trump says he'll submit bid to buy Buffalo Bills but thinks he isn't likely to win
- Raiders owner confirms talks with San Antonio after report team exploring move to Texas
- NFL's new sideline tablets receive mostly positive reviews after 1st preseason weekend
- As team looks for new chant leader, Fireman Ed still roots for J-E-T-S far away from spotlight
- Just about every NFL player wants to know what Donny Moore thinks of them
- People familiar with Bills sale: Golisano submits bid; Trump meets with team officials
- Redskins resume court battle over team name, appeal decision stripped trademark protection
Ads by Google