The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
49ers lose starting NT Williams to leg injury; Seahawks LT Okung leaves with foot injury
SEATTLE - The San Francisco 49ers has lost starting nose tackle Ian Williams to a leg injury suffered in the first quarter and safety Eric Reid to a concussion against the Seattle Seahawks.
Williams was injured when he was being cut block by J.R. Sweezy midway through the quarter on Sunday night. Williams' left ankle was caught underneath as Sweezy made the block on a 2-yard run by Marshawn Lynch. He was down on the field for a few minutes before being helped off by a pair of trainers, putting very little weight on his left leg.
The 49ers announced later in the quarter that Williams would not return. Williams was replaced in the lineup by Glenn Dorsey, who sacked Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson on the next series.
Reid was injured when he came up to hit Sidney Rice on a completion across the middle with 1:49 left in the first half. Reid was on his back for nearly 5 minutes surrounded by 49ers medical staff before standing up and being helped off the field.
Seattle starting left tackle Russell Okung was injured on the final play of the first quarter, suffering a left foot injury. Okung limped off the field and was later taken to the locker room on a cart to be examined. He returned to the sideline but was a spectator.
AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org
(1 of 23 articles for today)10:05 PM 0
SANTA CLARA, Calif. - Ryan Seymour was standing on the visitor's side of Candlestick Park on Sunday.
Two days later, he ...
Photo Store Gallery
Most Popular NFL
- Jones calls for more aggressive play-calling on 'D' after Cowboys get picked up by Bears 45-28
- Rams guaranteed non-winning season after consecutive losses
- Hard work pays off for long-shot defensive lineman Stefan Charles
- NFL moves Bears-Eagles to Sunday night game on Dec. 22
- Peyton Manning answers his cold-weather critics with an icy retort and a red-hot performance
- Only thing better than being Auburn fan? Holding tickets for national title at 1,000-1 odds
- Dolphins' Starks hears teasing after video of tussle for fumble against Steelers goes viral
- QB Josh McCown has kept Bears in playoff race with stellar play
- At 35, John Abraham having standout season with 11 sacks
- Cowboys LB Sean Lee leaves game against Bears with neck injury
- Vikings come to agreement with Wells Fargo on signage issue around new stadium
- Nasty weather, with blowing snow, plagues several NFL games
- 5 things to know after Dalton, Bengals win 42-28 against Colts, who still clinch AFC South
- 5 things to know after Tom Brady's 2 TD passes in last 61 seconds lift Pats over Browns 27-26
- Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski lost for season, goes on injured reserve with injured right knee
- Houston Texans fire coach Gary Kubiak as skid reaches 11 games
- Unbeaten Buckeyes face another obstacle with benching of right guard in imperfect season
- NFL fines Steelers coach Mike Tomlin $100,000 for interfering with play against Ravens
- 5 things to know after Prater's record kick, Manning's 4 TDs lift Broncos over Titans 51-28
- It's not just quarterbacks who are putting up historic numbers in NFL's pass-happy days
- Man says he had no fear trying to catch woman who jumped from Oakland stadium deck
- Former Raiders tight end Todd Christensen dies during surgery at 57
- Survey finds Canadians don't want NFL here if it means demise of CFL
- Police: 1 dead, 3 in custody after altercation in Arrowhead Stadium parking lot in Kansas City
- Vikings and Packers play to a 26-26 tie after Green Bay storms back under Flynn
- 5 things we learned from Patriots comeback 34-31 OT win over Broncos in fumble-filled game
- Joe Montana says NFL locker rooms are tough, but Dolphins scandal can be handled
- Code Talker attends game, says Washington Redskins name not derogatory, is symbol of courage
- Former NFL wide receiver Sam Hurd could get life in prison at sentencing for drug scheme
- Political football: Embattled Toronto Mayor Rob Ford attends Bills-Falcons game
Ads by Google