The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
Vikings downgrade Adrian Peterson from doubtful to out for finale, due to sprained foot
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Vikings have ruled out running back Adrian Peterson for their final game of the season.
The Vikings announced Saturday they downgraded Peterson from doubtful on the original injury report to out against Detroit Sunday, when the Vikings and Lions will play the last game at the Metrodome.
Peterson sprained his right foot Dec. 8 at Baltimore and sat out the following week against Philadelphia. He played last Sunday at Cincinnati but was mostly ineffective. Peterson acknowledged afterward the injury affected his performance. He has also been bothered this year by a sore groin.
Peterson finished the season with 1,266 yards rushing, the second-lowest total of his seven years in the NFL.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 35 articles for today)8:16 PM 0
Photo Store Gallery
Most Popular in NFL
- Capsules of NFC teams heading into NFL free agency
- Indianapolis re-signs kicker Adam Vinatieri hours before free-agent market opens
- Chad Rinehart agrees to 2-year deal to remain with San Diego Chargers
- Cowboys release franchise sacks leader DeMarcus Ware to save money under salary cap
- Falcons sign 3 linemen, re-sign DT Jonathan Babineaux to address needs at start of free agency
- Jaguars release journeyman RB Justin Forsett after injury-plagued season
- Quick Strikes: Browns fill defensive holes with free agent S Donte Whitner, LB Karlos Dansby
- Indianapolis releases starting centre, makes offers to 3 players ready to become free agents
- CB Sam Shields inks new deal, officially back with Packers
- Giants G Chris Snee, P Steve Weatherford restructure contracts, C Baas to be waived injured
- Jets bring back tight end Jeff Cumberland, who led team in TD catches
- Judge says former NFL player can't be held indefinitely in rape case, gives time for charges
- Browns release troubled wide receiver Davone Bess after off season of bizarre behaviour
- Los Angeles judge says it's 'unfair' to hold former NFL player indefinitely
- As top 2011 draft picks move closer to next NFL contract, big paydays could be slow to come
- Person familiar with situation tells AP that Broncos are expected to release CB Champ Bailey
- Capsules of AFC teams heading into NFL free agency
- Agent: Star DE Jared Allen ready for free agency, not interested in 'situational' rush role
- San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh moves forward after Browns tried to trade for him
- Record-setting returner Hester says Bears 'parting ways' with him
- Openly gay NFL pioneer: 'I just wish you'd see me as Michael Sam the football player'
- Manziel, Sam expected to draw most attention at NFL's annual scouting combine in Indianapolis
- Lindenwood's Desir chasing real-world dream at NFL combine - a long-shot chance to make NFL
- Character questions go back on centre stage at NFL's scouting combine
- Agent: Andrew McDonald, Player A in bullying report, has 'no problem with the Miami Dolphins'
- Police: Ravens' Ray Rice arrested after argument with fiance at Atlantic City casino
- Tough Cut: Browns release veteran linebacker D'Qwell Jackson, owed $4.1 million roster bonus
- Pick 6: From Clowney's dash to Sam's struggle, standout performances from the NFL combine
- Spielman: Spotlight on Michael Sam wouldn't deter Vikings from drafting him
- New Orleans warrant issued for ex-Saints safety Darren Sharper, 2nd man; accused of rape
Ads by Google