Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
Twelve players sidelined as flu spreads through sad-sack Browns
The team has been sacked by the flu.
On Wednesday, 12 players, including Pro Bowl nose tackle Shaun Rogers and five other starters, missed practice with flu-like symptoms as the team began installing the game plan for Sunday's matchup against the Green Bay Packers.
Head coach Eric Mangini scaled back the workout in hopes of keeping his healthy players from getting sick. He's also emphasizing preventive measures to stop the virus from spreading deeper through the team. If players are showing any symptoms, the Browns are sending them home.
"We're being really aggressive preventatively," he said. "If there's any sign of it and we think it's heading that way, we'd much rather try to minimize the effects on the player and also possibly the exposure to the rest of the group."
Mangini implied the sick players had not yet been tested for the H1N1 virus. He said some of the cases were new, and he might not be able to reveal any test results because of medical privacy laws.
-- The Associated Press
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition October 22, 2009 C4
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 5 articles for this week)07/24/2014 1:00 AM 0
Calgary Stampeders (3-0)
at Edmonton Eskimos (4-0)
Tonight, 8 p.m. TV: TSN
Stampeders line: The Stamps announced Wednesday that they have placed running ...
Photo Store Gallery
- Very rough night for Blue
- Blue feeling like bongo drums
- Bombers, Esks: press reset and presto...
- Moore than a feeling
- Bombers dissect Thursday's drubbing by Eskimos
- Whipping exposes abundant flaws
- Blue review gaffe-filled game
- O-line a disaster area
- Lacklustre Blue didn't help their bottom line
- List of injured Bombers grows
- Banks asks to be released from Bombers
- Bombers trade for QB Portis
- Feoli-Gudino gets it done
- Bombers linebacker Korey Banks suspended
- Bombers gut out a comeback
- Bomber ticket sales shoot up after win over Argos
- Amazing 3-0 start for Blue
- Bombers release Ford
- Won hard and put away wet
- Slick Willy puts on a great show
Ads by Google