Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
Vick concussed during Eagles' loss to Cowboys
PHILADELPHIA -- Michael Vick suffered a concussion in Philadelphia's 38-23 loss to the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday.
Vick was knocked on his back in the second quarter by linebacker Ernie Sims on an incomplete pass and was slow to get up. He headed for the locker-room and rookie Nick Foles started warming up. Vick, however, may have been injured on the previous play when he was driven from behind head-first into the ground by tackle Jay Ratliff.
Vick did not talk to reporters but appeared groggy in the locker-room.
Foles received a big ovation when he took over with the game tied 7-7 in the second quarter. Foles was a third-round draft pick out of Arizona and had a strong preseason for the Eagles.
Foles was 22 of 32 for 209 yards and one touchdown. He had an interception returned by cornerback Brandon Carr 47 yards for a touchdown that put the Cowboys up 31-17.
With a 3-6 record, it might be too late for the Eagles, no matter who the quarterback is, to save their season.
Coach Andy Reid said he'd determine the starter for Sunday's game at Washington based on Vick's health. He said Foles did a good job.
"He kept battling, he kept his eyes downfield," Reid said. "There were some positives."
Vick threw a 2-yard touchdown pass to Riley Cooper in the first quarter.
-- The Associated Press
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition November 12, 2012 D3
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 5 articles for this week)07/22/2014 1:00 AM 0
Do unto others.
Well, just some others, says self-proclaimed Christian and former NFL coach turned TV analyst Tony Dungy.
Dungy says he ...
Photo Store Gallery
- Very rough night for Blue
- Bombers, Esks: press reset and presto...
- Blue feeling like bongo drums
- Moore than a feeling
- Bombers dissect Thursday's drubbing by Eskimos
- Whipping exposes abundant flaws
- Blue review gaffe-filled game
- O-line a disaster area
- Lacklustre Blue didn't help their bottom line
- List of injured Bombers grows
- Banks asks to be released from Bombers
- Bombers trade for QB Portis
- Feoli-Gudino gets it done
- Bombers linebacker Korey Banks suspended
- Bombers gut out a comeback
- Bomber ticket sales shoot up after win over Argos
- Amazing 3-0 start for Blue
- Bombers release Ford
- Won hard and put away wet
- Slick Willy puts on a great show
Ads by Google