Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
Roadley top 'Toban at nationals
WINNIPEG'S Jenna Roadley was the top Manitoban after Tuesday's first round at the Royale Cup Canadian Junior Girls championship at the par-73, 5,993-yard QGolf Club in Richmond, B.C.
Roadley had a 1-over-par 74 and was sitting in a tie for 11th place going into Wednesday's second round of individual stroke play. Other Manitobans (all from Winnipeg) were: Breanne Fredette (39-39-78), tied for 36th; Winnie Hyun (41-43-84), tied for 79th; Dana Todd (47-45-92), tied for 106th; and Jaclyn Albrechtsen (43-51-94), tied for 112th.
In the juvenile division (16-under), Fredette was tied for 19th, Hyun was tied for 48th, Todd was tied for 68th and Albrechtsen was tied for 72nd.
The Manitoba team of Hyun, Albrechtsen and Fredette were in fifth place (123-133-256).
Sullivan tied for 19th
Myles Sullivan of Portage la Prairie shot an opening round 1-over-par 73 Tuesday to be the top Manitoban and grab a share of 19th place at the 2011 Canadian Junior Boys championship at Morgan Creek Golf Course in South Surrey, B.C.
Other Manitoba results include: Ryan Sholdice, tied for 43rd with a 76; Scott Mazur, tied for 97th with an 80; Charlie Boyechko, tied for 138th with an 87; and Garrett Neiles, in 150th place after a 91.
In team competition, Manitoba is in eighth place at 9-over-par 153.
The champion will earn an exemption into the 2011 Canadian Men's Amateur championship Aug. 9-14 at Niakwa Country Club and Elmhurst Golf and Country Club in Winnipeg.
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition August 4, 2011 C12
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 37 articles for this week)03/28/2015 8:48 PM 0
SAN ANTONIO - Jimmy Walker opened a four-stroke lead over fellow Texan Jordan Spieth, shooting a 3-under 69 on Saturday ...
Photo Store Gallery
- Jimmy Walker opens 4-stroke lead over Jordan Spieth in hometown Texas Open
- Mirim Lee leads LPGA Tour's Kia Classic; Lydia Ko extends streak, 4 strokes back
- Golf Capsules
- Mirim Lee shoots 7-under 65 to take 1-shot lead over Yani Tseng in LPGA Tour's Kia Classic
- Morgan Pressel matches course record with 64, tied for lead in LPGA Tour's Kia Classic
- Farr in 4-way tie after missing chance for outright lead at Hassan II with bogey on 18th
- Jimmy Walker shoots 67 in Texas Open to take a 1-stroke lead in hometown event
- Ryder Cup director: Italy's 2022 bid requires changes to some holes on course outside Rome
- Kevin Sutherland shoots 67 to take lead in Champions Tour's Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic
- Colin Montgomerie, Joe Durant share lead in Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic
- FERGUSON ON GOLF: McIlroy's road to Masters includes missed cut, missing club and ice cream
- Masters an exclusive club of players, and Augusta National wants to keep it that way
- Sunday's Golf Capsules
- No lack of advice for Tiger Woods as the Masters approaches and he remains missing in action
- Tears, praise as golfer Nicklaus awarded congressional gold medal
- Rio de Janeiro's mayor unveils controversial Olympic golf course; says construction was legal
- Big Easy ends dubious cut streak with tip from a friend; a CPA for an LPGA player
- Judge allows construction to continue at Olympic golf course in Rio de Janeiro
- Matt Every gets another handshake with the King, another trip to Augusta National
- Tiger Woods donates $10,000 to launch scholarship fund honouring first black PGA Tour golfer
- Harrison Ford survives crash-landing of his vintage plane on Los Angeles golf course
- Pilot critically injured as small plane crash-lands on Los Angeles golf course near airport
- Billy Casper, a big winner on the PGA Tour in the shadow of the Big 3, dies at 83
- FERGUSON ON GOLF: Johnson's leaves raises questions about tour's transparency
- Padraig Harrington makes good on 2nd chance and wins the Honda Classic
- Go big or go home
- Steve Williams backs caddies in PGA Tour lawsuit, says "there is merit in the case"
- British Open host Royal St. George's votes to allow female members for 1st time
- Lefty, Tiger far from finished
- John Daly accuses tour of not randomly selecting players for drug testing
Ads by Google