Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
IceCaps on nice little run of their own out on Rock
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- Brenden Kichton scored a goal and added two assists to lead the St. John's IceCaps over the Providence Bruins 3-1 in American Hockey League action on Sunday.
Andrew Gordon and Jason Jaffray also scored for St. John's (24-16-3), which has won four straight and seven of its last 10 games.
Matt Lindblad had the lone goal for the Bruins (22-17-6). Chris Casto and Nick Johnson chipped in with assists.
Providence goalie Niklas Svedberg made 17 saves in the losing effort, while St. John's Michael Hutchinson stopped 34 shots for the win.
After a scoreless first period, Gordon got the IceCaps on the board with a power-play goal at 4:31 of the second. But Lindblad responded for the Bruins five minutes later to tie the game 1-1.
Kichton's power-play goal at 3:53 of the third proved to be the winner, and Jaffray added an insurance goal six minutes later.
-- The Canadian Press
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition January 27, 2014 C3
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
More St. John's
More St. John's
(1 of 2 articles for this year)06/9/2014 10:23 PM 0
CEDAR PARK, Texas — Michael Hutchinson made 49 saves and his St. John’s IceCaps never trailed in scoring a 2-1 ...
Photo Store Gallery
- Meech's long season ending well in Texas
- IceCaps square series with Stars
- Marvelous Morrissey
- Jets reassign Comrie, Morrissey to St. John's
- Former Moose player King new coach with IceCaps
- Texas Stars burn the St. John's IceCaps with second-period outburst
- IceCaps have developed into an organizational success story for Jets
- Coach wants IceCaps to focus more on the puck in tonight's game
- Marco Rosa a scoring force for IceCaps
- Olsen sent to IceCaps
Ads by Google