Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 4/10/2012 (1668 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
The National Hockey League now officially has its first victims: the fans.
The league, which locked out its players on Sept. 15th, announced today it has cancelled 82 regular-season games from Oct. 11-24th. That chunk includes five Winnipeg Jets games, three of which were to be played at MTS Centre.
The five Jet games spiked are:
- Saturday, October 13 – Hurricanes @ Jets
- Tuesday, October 16 – Blackhawks @ Jets
- Friday, October 19 – Jets vs. Capitals
- Saturday, October 20 – Jets vs. Flyers
- Tuesday, October 23 – Capitals @ Jets
The NHL and the NHL Players Association did have some meetings earlier this week in an effort to reach a new collective bargaining agreement, but those talks have stalled as the two sides can’t agree on the core economic issues.